- February 22, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Plan International is an independent child rights and humanitarian organisation committed to children living a life free of poverty, violence and injustice. Plan actively unite children, communities and other people who share our mission to make positive lasting changes in children’s and young people’s lives. Plan support children to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to claim their rights to a fulfilling life, today and in the future. Plan place a specific focus on girls and women, who are most often left behind. Plan have been building powerful partnerships for children for more than 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Plan International Jordan is established in 2016 and has programmes in Azraq refugee camp and host communities.
This position will be based in Amman and will assist the Budget & Reporting Coordinator in the Grants Management function. This requires a motivated, flexible, problem-solving team-player with excellent analytical, communication skills and the ability to priorities activities and work to tight deadlines.
The Budget & Reporting Officer will report to the Budget & Reporting Coordinator, he/ she will be responsible of managing the day-to-day budget and grants function under the guidance of the Country finance Manager. In addition, He/she will assist with in the preparation of the internal financial reports (BvA’s) and external ones (donor reports) in accordance with Plan International policies and donor requirements. And will ensure that the needed keys of allocations are prepared and shared in a timely manner to the respective departments.
· Support in preparing the monthly BvAs and scheduling monthly meetings with the project managers.
· Maintain an updated key of allocation and share it on timely manner with the Accounting team.
· Support in preparing timely and accurate donor’s report.
· Maintthe archiving of the budget files and documents regularly.
· Review the data entered to the system and make sure expenses are mapped correctly with their respective budget lines.
· Follow up with project managers on providing their monthly updated forecasts.
· Follow up with project managers on the needed justifications for the deviations in their budgets.
· Assist in audit inquiries as needed.
· Assist in preparing the Funding Approval Documents for the projects and make sure they are finalized and signed in a timely manner.
· Perform any other duties as assigned by the Budgeting and Reporting Coordinator.
Dealing with Problems:
· The position requires maintaining accuracy in budgeting and forecasting tasks within a timely manner;
Communication and Working Relationships:
· The post holder will be required to work closely with the Finance team, Program staff, functional networks, & external stakeholders
Child protection, gender equality and inclusion
· Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan
Internal/ External: Jordan Plan Staff including Project Managers.
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
- University degree in Finance, Accounting or any related social science
- Minimum 1-3 years of progressively responsible professional experience in Budgeting.
- Awareness of child protection issues
- Sensitivity to gender and child protection.
- Acts with high degree of integrity and professionalism
- Analytical skills
- Good communication skills,
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proficient in computer skills and use of relevant accounting packages
Plan International’s Values in Practice
We are open and accountable
· Promotes a culture of openness and transparency, including with sponsors and donors.
· Holds self and others accountable to achieve the highest standards of integrity.
· Consistent and fair in the treatment of people.
· Open about mistakes and keen to learn from them.
· Accountable for ensuring we are a safe organisation for all children, girls & young people
We strive for lasting impact
· Articulates a clear purpose for staff and sets high expectations.
· Creates a climate of continuous improvement, open to challenge and new ideas.
· Focuses resources to drive change and maximise long-term impact, responsive to changed priorities or crises.
· Evidence-based and evaluates effectiveness.
We work well together
· Seeks constructive outcomes, listens to others, willing to compromise when appropriate.
· Builds constructive relationships across Plan International to support our shared goals.
· Develops trusting and ‘win-win’ relationships with funders, partners and communities.
· Engages and works well with others outside the organization to build a better world for girls and all children.
We are inclusive and empowering
· We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential
· We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge equality in our programs and our workplace
· We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives. **
Level of contact with children
Low contact: No contact or very low frequency of interaction
Mid contact: Occasional interaction with children
High level: Frequent interaction with children
Type of Role: Fixe-Term Job **
Contract Duration: 6 months with possibility of extension
Reports to: Budget & Reporting Coordinator **
Location: Plan Jordan Amman Office
Closing Date: 7 March 2022
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply. Plan International operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all areas of the international community.**
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.**
Please note that only applications and CVs written in English will be accepted.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Child Safeguarding Policy.