- August 3, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
The Francophone Business Development Officer provides support to Pathfinder’s Francophone West and Central Africa portfolio under the supervision of the Francophone Business Development (BD) Lead for the region. These two positions work closely and collaboratively to 1) support all Pathfinder programme countries in the region in their positioning and capture of strategically aligned opportunities and 2) support the strategic expansion of the organization into new countries. The Francophone BD Officer assists in guiding the new business lifecycle, supports capacity building in business development skills across the region, supports proposal development and manages key internal BD systems. This role works with Programs, MEL, Human Resources, Finance, Contracts and other business units to manage live proposals and support other capacity strengthening efforts.
Proposal Development Process
- Supports Pathfinder’s proposal development process by assisting in the development of responses to competitive bids for government, foundation, and corporate grants. Reviews and edits technical proposals in English and in French.
- Assists in the development of management and staffing plans for project proposals.
- Ensures that cost proposals are in line with technical proposals and adhere to donor regulations and RFA guidelines.
Support to Positioning and Capture
- Supports Positioning and Capture in the Francophone West and Central Africa region at both the portfolio and the country level.
- Supports the development of key regional relationships through engagements. Advises upon strategic visibility opportunities for the organization in the region.
Program and Donor Research
- Assists in conceptualizing and coordinating program development activities. Assists in conducting program research and design activities.
- Continually identifies and explores potential new donors and funding opportunities for both restricted and unrestricted grants.
Grants Monitoring & Reporting
- Works with Country Teams, Programs, Contracts, and Finance to monitor grant progress, both programmatic and financial, to ensure that donor expectations and requirements are met.
- Utilizes contacts and relationships with outside organizations to identify partnership opportunities.
- Assists in partnership negotiations with international and local organizations, developing Scopes of Work (SOWs), and reviewing teaming agreements.
BD Capacity Strengthening
- Supports the development of key business development capacities across the Francophone West and Central Africa region.
- Supports implementation of formal and informal capacity strengthening efforts in partnership with the BD Lead and other members of the BD team
Minimum Education and Work Experience:
- Full professional proficiency in French.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Communication, Marketing, Business or related field, or a combination of education and experience that yields the minimally required competencies.
- 4 years of BD related work experience.
- Work experience with a multinational organization.
- Experience in Francophone West and Central Africa.
Preferred Education and Work Experience:
- Experience living or working in Pathfinder countries of operation that aids in the understanding of program context, field realities, and technical needs.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or other customer relationship management (CRM) systems and donor database.
- PC Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Outlook, MS Word.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services, including program strategies and indicators.
- Analysis and Sound Judgement: Advanced analytical and trouble shooting skills. Ability to make sound judgments. Ability to improve processes, promote excellence and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Languages: Proven ability to write, read and speak in both French and English at professional levels.
- Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills using different forms of media. Ability to translate complex concepts to individuals at all levels. Ability to speak across a range of technical issues that may be outside the individual’s area of expertise.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health Services: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices
- Influencing and Customer Service Skills: Ability to influence using diplomacy skills with key stakeholders. Advanced customer service skills.
- Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning skills, project planning and management skills. Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision. Proven ability to coordinate activities.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented and consistently accurate, ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment, and ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures and adapt local practices to global standards.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
- Confidentiality: Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related issues.
- Travel Required (up to 35%).
- Uses cellular and desk phone, laptop or desktop computer.
- May assist in the proposal development process on major high value efforts.
- May assist in representing Pathfinder to donors and outside agencies at different venues, some in partnership with technical or executive leadership.
- This position may support bids outside of the region, as required, given the matrixed and collaborative nature of the Business Development team.