- December 24, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
About Palladium – Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or any other circumstance, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Safeguarding – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
Project Overview and Role:
Palladium is currently seeking a Capacity Development Advisor for Health Information System Strengthening (HIS) in Guatemala as part of the implementation of the Data for Implementation (Data.FI) Project. Data.FI is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). Data.FI partners with PEPFAR programs to accelerate and maintain access to high quality data to accelerate the control and maintenance of HIV and COVID-19 epidemics. Data.
Data.FI supports host country governments to improve existing health information systems and conduct in-depth analysis of epidemiological and program data to inform responses to manage gaps in programming and sustain impact by supporting the transition of local partners.
In Guatemala, Data.FI will lead a team of technical advisors with expertise in digital health and quality management systems to help the Ministry of Health (MSPAS) through USAID to better monitor and mitigate the impacts of the COVID-19 and HIV epidemics.
Purpose of the position:
Data.FI is seeking a Capacity Development Advisor to support the work of MSPAS in responding to the COVID-19 pandemic. The purpose of the position is to support the Data.Fi team of experts to strengthen the use of the SIS.
The consultant is responsible for assessing capacity, completing instructional design, leading workshops, and strengthening and developing capacity of users of COVID-19 and HIV information systems. He/she will also advise project staff using an appropriately tailored approach to address capacity gaps on individual basis. Finally, the Advisor will play a key role in strengthening the capacities of health workers and related staff in medical facilities to capture high quality information and register complete care cycles through available solutions and tools including web systems, mobile and physical forms.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The primary responsibilities of the Capacity Development Advisor(s) are to:
- Work with the Data Usage and Visualization Advisors to identify target users and capacity development needs.
- Using standardized tools, assess MSPAS staff capabilities and level of use of available tools including COVID-19 case management.
- Identify gaps in performance, skills, knowledge, information and attitude, and develop an instructional design that responds to these needs.
- Establish learning objectives and create the necessary content and support media including audio, video, simulations, role plays, games, etc.
- Apply trends and best practices in learning technologies and assessments to measure the effectiveness of activities.
- Assist MSPAS to create or update training and capacity building plans for health personnel to ensure continuity and adequate use of the SIS.
- Prepare feedback reports on the performance of those centers whose personnel have participated in training.
- Support the creation of standard operating procedures and processes for activities such as data collection, validation, quality control, exchange and dissemination.
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with MSPAS authorities and other related government entities, as well as with local and international partners and counterparts.
- Work closely with Data.FI technical staff at the parent company to carry out activities.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in pedagogy, public health or another related field. Preferably have a master’s degree in one of these areas.
- Proven experience designing and executing training plans in the public sector, preferably in the area of public health.
- Experience, talent and a genuine interest in capacity building, including formal training sessions, mentoring and supportive supervision. Experience in training in the use of information systems is preferred.
- Experience in quality assessment and data analysis is desirable.
- Proven ability to write reports and to develop and deliver impactful presentations is required.
- Professional experience with MSPAS and public health services in Guatemala is preferred.
- Experience in data collection and the ability to analyze data using computer programs such as Excel, STATA and SPSS is desirable.
- Experience in assisting management teams and program staff in defining appropriate means of visualizing data.
- Have excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to write effective instructional text, audio and video scripts.
- Full professional proficiency in Spanish, both spoken and written, is required. Fluency in English is desirable.
- The candidate must already have a current legal authorization to work in Guatemala.
Key competencies and professional experience are required
- Be detail and deadline oriented, with strong organizational skills.
- Be highly self-motivated and have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Possess a proven ability to work effectively as a member of a multicultural team in a dynamic and agile environment while, at the same time, including an overriding customer-focused aspect.
How to apply
Please apply directly on Palladium’s Careers Page (link below):