- August 10, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs working in 40 countries worldwide, is currently looking for a highly qualified Cash Technical Coordinator.
DRC has been operating in Ukraine for more than 10 years with emergency and durable solution interventions for assisting IDPs, returnees, Host communities, and conflict-affected populations. With the outbreak of the conflict in February 2022, DRC has shifted its programming to emergency response to meet the urgent needs of conflict-affected population in the country. Current DRC programming is focusing on protection activities such as protection monitoring, information dissemination, Individual protection assistance, and legal aid. DRC is also planning to add to the ongoing emergency protection response activities such as GBV prevention and response, Psychosocial support (PSS), and community-based protection.
In addition to protection programming, DRC is currently implementing Multipurpose Cash Assistance (MPCA), NFI and Food distributions, Shelter & WASH interventions, and Economic Recovery, Humanitarian Demining and Explosive Ordnance Risk Education.
Overall purpose of the role:
DRC is managing its operations in Ukraine through its country office in Kyiv, and implements programming from area/base offices in Lviv, Chernihiv, Sumy, Kharkiv, Dnipro and Mykolaiv. The Country Cash Coordinator will be in charge of coordinating DRC’s cash programming country wide which includes a diversity of potential program areas including sectoral cash, multipurpose, and both humanitarian and recovery interventions.
Design, coordination, technical support, and supervision of cash activities in the country
- Design, revise, and develop MPCA standard operational procedures.
- Coordinate, contribute and engage with stakeholders undertaking social protection schemes and identify pathways to integrate with social protection systems
- Coordinate, plan and monitor all cash related activities.
- Ensure the highest quality of the sectoral interventions involving cash, and the coherence between all cash projects, ongoing and proposed, according to the overall DRC emergency and recovery strategy.
- Provide technical support of the project programs in terms of high quality and timely deliveries, narrative reporting and financial overviews, close cooperation with donors, Government counterparts and coordination mechanism at national level.
- Lead capacity building programs for cash staff in cooperation with area/base managers.
- Formalize and develop program related operational tools and training modules.
- Support program teams in compiling quality reports
Program development, strategy, and coordination
- Represent DRC via active participation in the Cash Working Group at national level and in engaging the Collaborative Cash Delivery (CCD) Network’s Support Hub in-country.
- Oversee knowledge sharing across teams ensuring that monitoring and evaluation results are understood and used to improve cash programs.
- Drive the development and growth of the cash programs within the DRC program objectives and feed into country-wide overall strategy development.
- Ensure close cooperation with donors, government counterparts and coordination mechanisms on-site and in synergy with other DRC´s programming.
- Provide technical guidance, support, and training for all cash staff.
- Develop and/or review all cash indicators.
- Develop and/or adap SOPs as needed and ensure that SOPs for all cash activities align with DRC country strategy and sector best practices. Support program staff in understanding and applying SOPs in a standardized manner across areas.
- Conduct regular field missions to all field offices to provide technical and operational guidance, support, and supervision of the implementation of cash activities in the field.
- Conduct monthly technical meetings with senior cash field staff to ensure coherence with SOPs and cash strategy.
Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum 4-6 years of proven international experience in NGO projects, ideally in cash programmes.
- Proven experience in implementing cash programming in both emergency and recovery contexts
- At least 3 years’ experience with people management.
- Experience in carrying out humanitarian interventions through and in coordination with implementing partner organizations is an asset.
- Professional English is compulsory.
- Fluency in Ukrainian or Russian is an asset.
- Excellent writing and editing skills for external audiences (including governments and donors).
- Previous experience with DRC is an important asset.
- Experience in producing high-quality technical material (training material, program tools, proposals, strategic documents, etc.).
- Experience in working with Monitoring, Evaluation and learning in Cash programs.
Master’s degree in international relations, humanitarian or development studies, business administration, or another relevant field
Full professional proficiency in English
- Contract length: 6 months
- Band: F – NON-Manager
- Designation of Duty Station: Kyiv / Non-family duty station
- Start date: October 2023
- Salary and other conditions are offered in accordance with DRC’s Terms of Employment for international staff
How to apply
- All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
For applying please follow this link: https://candidate.hr-manager.net/ApplicationInit.aspx?cid=1036&ProjectId=168867&DepartmentId=19100&SkipAdvertisement=true
- Closing date for applications: 31 August 2023
- CVs will be reviewed and shortlisted on a rolling basis.