- October 1, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.?
The Jordan Technical Assistance Program (TAP), funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), is a five-year education and youth project that seeks to transform the organizational culture and improve the abilities within the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Youth to ensure officials can implement desired reforms. Creative and its partners will provide technical assistance in the development, roll-out, and tracking of policies and procedures to incorporate international best practices for public education and youth programming. Among the many activities in the Jordan Technical Assistance Program, it will support curriculum development, promote inclusive learning techniques, improve the skills of teachers and school managers, and other tangible activities that ultimately support changing the organizational culture within the two ministries and relevant agencies. The program will further support Jordan’s outreach and behavioral change communications initiatives that are aimed at creating a culture of reading, the inclusion of vulnerable children, and increased youth engagement.
Creative Associates seeks a Communications Officer for the TAP education project in Jordan. The Communication Officer will be responsible for leading and guiding the public affairs operations of a USAID-funded project.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Communications Officer will report directly to the Chief of Party.
- Create and implement comprehensive communications outreach plan that utilizes relevant channels for the dissemination of information on project activities and their results.
- Advises and counsels the staff on public relations techniques impacting program activities including potential problems and opportunities in the various communities served.
- Contributes messaging support to public outreach campaigns related to education and positive youth development.
- Provides appropriate materials to the USAID Mission about the project that may be used for dissemination on Mission web pages, other USAID Missions, visiting delegations and to HQ.
- Writes and supervises the writing and disseminating of success stories, feature stories, news releases and selected reports (such as USAID quarterly and annual reports).
- Produces content for use on social media and manages these outlets.
- Identifies and works with outside contractors, such as photographers, videographers and other communications professionals, to meet the goals of program.
- Produces posters, signs, displays, media campaigns, etc.
- Implements the USAID Branding and Marking Plan for the project.
- Supports the Chief of Party (COP) in consolidating the project’s reporting requirements.
- Ensures that reports are submitted to USAID in a timely fashion.
- Identifies and writes success stories that meet USAID’s standards.
- Organizes outreach events.
- Collaborates with HQ Communications team.**Qualifications**
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- A minimum of four (4) years of work experience in Communications?or other relevant fields;?
- Experience supporting large project communications departments and activities;?
- Experience in social media?management?and content production;?
- Experience?in?developing communications plans;?
- Experience?in?training?and/or?mentoring staff;?
- Experience?in?dealing with media companies/organizations;?and
- Strong English writing and editing skills and proficiency in Arabic.
Desired skills and qualification
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite or other graphic design programs.
- Candidate should send their application materials directly to the email – firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line.
Please note only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls please.