- October 25, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
The USAID-funded Clean Cities Blue Ocean project in the USA, implemented by Tetra Tech International Development (International Development Jobs – Tetra Tech), is currently accepting expressions of interest for Communications Specialist & Content Writer. The position can be fully remote from a US-based location or hybrid/remote within a commutable distance to either one of our office locations in Burlington, VT, or Arlington, VA, and will end in August 2024.
The CCBO activity is a five-year initiative of USAID which will serve as USAID’s flagship program to target ocean plastics directly at their source in cities and towns. The project works to prevent ocean plastic pollution by building capacity and commitment for Reducing, Reusing, and Recycling (3Rs) and solid waste management (SWM) in urban and peri-urban settings, particularly in riverine and coastal areas. CCBO works with multiple USAID missions on country-specific implementation of national and local activities, and with USAID/Washington on global-level activities.
Clean Cities, Blue Ocean is seeking a communications professional with a passion for creating compelling stories and products to communicate the program’s progress, impacts, and lessons learned to global audiences—including those from partner national and local governments, the private sector, and other development organizations that can support the sustainability and scaling of Clean Cities, Blue Ocean’s pilots. Ideal candidates will have experience creating compelling written communications—including articles, case studies, resource publications; developing videos and other visual communications, and leveraging social and earned media to inspire action.
* Craft compelling communications to share Clean Cities, Blue Oceans’ progress, successes, and learnings to global audiences—including those from partner national and local governments, the private sector, and other development organizations;
* Support the implementation of the program’s global communication strategy through the development of written and visual communications products, including articles, success stories, videos, and resource publications;
* Support the development of video concepts and components, including scripts and storyboards and lead the development of informational products, including factsheets and briefers, success stories, case studies, and resource publications;
* Develop talking points and presentations for USAID, as needed, for partner engagements and events;
* Lead the development of program social media content and collaborate with USAID and partners to disseminate on multiple platforms;
* Identify and coordinate opportunities for the program and its partners to engage with media and journalists to promote widespread communication of program impacts and legacy;
* Support the development of contract deliverable reporting requirements, i.e., Quarterly, Annual, and Final Project Reports;
* Review and edit program communications products, such as subcontractor-produced deliverables, as needed;
* Coordinate with other programs in USAID’s portfolio and USAID’s communications team to align messaging and communications strategies;
* Provide guidance to technical experts in the development of presentations and program knowledge products;
* Oversee program creative assets, namely, managing the program’s global photo library and leveraging high impact program photographs across communications products; and
* Ensure consistent and correct branding and marking of communications, in compliance with ADS 320.
* Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications/marketing, development communications, or other relevant subject area;
* Minimum of five years’ experience producing communications materials to support communications strategies for international development, non-governmental organization, or private sector programs/clients;
* Creative thinker with ability and passion for crafting compelling and newsworthy stories;
* Demonstrated experience developing compelling and creative written communications materials (writing samples will be requested);
* Demonstrated experience developing compelling, effective social media content;
* Experience working with international and/or technical staff and stakeholders to develop communications products;
* Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to be self-directed and work well independently and as well as part of a team; interest in being part of a complex, fast-paced development program that is reimagining how ocean plastic pollution can be prevented around the world;
* English fluency is required;
* Prior experience working on USAID or other international donor programs preferred, but not required;
* Graphic design and video editing skills preferred but not required; and
* Current US work authorization is required at the time of application.
How to apply
To be considered, please submit the following:
* Cover Letter
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Please ensure that only the requested documents noted above are submitted. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.