- March 1, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the Construction Management Engineer (Civil Engineer) is required to provide support on the Infrastructure Management and overall Project Management backstopping and oversight to perform the following specific duties and responsibilities ensuring their effectiveness, transparency and integrity:
Coordination, Delivery, and Performance:
- Responsible for day-to-day coordination with the Designer, Contractor, Consultants and Suppliers according to the needs and requirements on site;
- Inspects and report on contractor’s works in progress ensuring that the contractor meets UNOPS quality standards;
- Provide support and guidance to the contractor and assists in resolving site problems, as necessary;
- Responsible for supervision of technical staff and consultants assigned to the project, and the assignment and monitoring of duties during the progress of works;
- in the area of his expertise participate preparation of the Tenders and Contract award for the Designer, Contractor, Consultants and Suppliers selection;
- Embed sustainability dimensions including social and gender inclusion, as well as Health, Safety, Security, and Environmental (HSSE) aspects into the project during the design and construction phases;
- Perform other related duties as required from Project Manager.
Governance, Monitoring and Reporting:
- Check contractors’ and suppliers set out and works, including compliance with contracts specifications and ensures that contractors and suppliers comply with their work plans to complete work with specified scope of work, time frame, and budget;
- Attend daily the project site(s) in order to monitor progress of works, identify the existing problems and provide appropriate solutions through application of sound engineering standards in consultation with the Project Manager;
- Responsible for preparation of progress reports on construction activities, according to the agreed timeframe of works and submission of such on a weekly basis to the Project Manager;
- Assess and report on the project closing plans, archiving of cost and progress report and hand over all related reports to the Project Manager;
- Evaluate and assess works schedules and programmes, including the comparison with the schedule baselines and reports to the Project Manager accordingly;
- Check operation and maintenance manuals, and keep records and report to the Project Manager accordingly;
- Assess the work activities of contractor/s, measure completed work and make recommendations to the Project Manager for progress payments to contractors.
- Prepare drafts of the design briefs and the design reports that address specific clients and stakeholder requirements and specifications as and when necessary,
- Preparation of comprehensive design documentation, specifications, and other project documents to meet the required quality and detailing as stipulated by the Project Manager,
- Work closely with other Architects, Engineers, Draftsperson and Quantity Surveyors in the planning of projects, scheduling of tasks and developing an integrated design,
- Carry out the design of services for projects according to the Beneficiary’s Design requirement and as per UNOPS standard procedures, local and international standards/codes of practices,
- Monitor delivery of services design documents. Highlight possible late delivery prior to the event,
- Assist contract division in preparing and evaluation of tender documents of engineering services (specifications, BOQs, rates, test reports, etc.).
- Maintain records, compile periodic reports and any specific reports required by UNOPS standard procedures;
- Responsible for the preparation and verification of a database for the available materials shipped to the project, schedules of the labor force, and monitoring of the quality of such during the progress of works;
- Check, verify and approve the interim payments submitted by the Contractor/s and submit detailed reports to the Project Manager;
- Provides other duties as required by Project Manager.
- Advanced Degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or related field.
- A combination of Bachelor’s degree with an additional 2 years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the education requirements outlined above.
- License/Board Certification in Engineering is desirable.
- Prince2, PMP or similar project management certification is an asset.
- At least two (2) years of experience in civil works design, supervision or implementation of buildings construction projects in the Philippines is required.
- Comprehensive knowledge in computer software, particularly “AutoCAD” (latest Versions – 2009 and higher), MS Project scheduling or Primavera Project Planner is desirable.
- Work Experience with an international Organization and/or UN Agencies is an asset.
- High proficiency with computers, and other software/ platforms related to the position’s field of expertise. Good experience in working with the G-Suite platform including, Google Drive, Google Calendar, Gmail, Google Sheets, Docs, and Slides is desired.
- Fluency in English is desired.
How to apply
Link to apply for the position: https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=23445#3
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online application ONLY, according to the following procedure:
- Step 1: Please create an account on https://jobs.unops.org/.
- Step 2: Click on the “Title” to read the position requirement and “Apply” to submit your application.
The candidate must complete step 2 in order for your application to be considered. You will receive an automatic response once you submit.