We are searching for aCountry Directorwho has a heart to serve Haiti, a desire to build capacity in national staff, and the experience to manage our strategic field operations. This could be your opportunity to have a career with impact. We invite you to apply today!
- Provide overall vision, management and leadership to Samaritan’s Purse activities.
- Provide professional representation for Samaritan’s Purse with government officials, dignitaries, other NGOs, funding agencies, and visitors.
- Ensure proper financial accounting and monthly reporting of all funds and financial activity.
- Monitor potential and present emergencies and keep Samaritan’s Purse informed of events, including crisis response options.
- Ensure appropriate supervision, support and direction for the effective engagement of all expatriate and national staff in their various assignments.
- Serve as director, executive administrator, and primary contact for country field projects.
- Monitor program effectiveness and financial accountability, and evaluate ongoing and new activities.
- Implement programs within the organizational guidelines of Samaritan’s Purse.
- Prepare and submit monthly narrative and programmatic field reports to the Regional Director.
- Conduct field assessments, identify needs, design and implement response plans, including project budgets and writing funding proposals.
- Develop new programs, identifying and pursuing potential funding and other available resources for ongoing, new, or planned Samaritan’s Purse projects.
- Maintain profiles on all field staff, including emergency contact numbers and copies of passports and visas, performance reviews and exit interviews.
- Provide job descriptions for expatriate staff and make hiring / firing recommendations to Regional Director and Field Staff Coordinator.
- Implement field policies to ensure staff satisfaction, safety and security.
- Participate in emergency response and first insertion teams as needed.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ related international work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different educational, linguistic, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Strong relational skills and financial management experience preferred.
- Proven management and leadership experience.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- French/Creole language skills, preferred but not required.
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Two Year Contract
Accompanied position but unable to accommodate children