- October 17, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Country and Location
12 – 24 months – with possibility of renewal
Latin America and Caribbean Regional Director
General Description of the Programme/GOAL
Established in 1977, GOAL is an international humanitarian agency, with a team of around 2,700 personnel, dedicated to alleviating the needs of the most vulnerable communities. Currently registered in 14 of the world’s most vulnerable countries, GOAL delivers a wide range of humanitarian and development programmes, ranging from humanitarian relief in disaster situations, to focusing on nutrition, food security, and building greater resilience and sustainable livelihoods.
in 2022, our Income was in excess of Euro 200M and is supported by a range of donors including the Governments of Ireland, UK, USA and UN Agencies, the European Union, individuals, trusts and foundations. GOAL values the power of partnership and works with local and international partners to achieve its mission.
- Responsible for securing and responsibly growing the portfolio within the Country. The CD leads the process for updating and implementing the Country Funding Strategy; proactively engages existing and future donors.;
- Responsible for aligning the country programme to GOALs Global Strategy through development and implementation of five (5) to 7 (seven) years Country Strategic Plans and Annual Country Plans. The CD guides the Assistant Country Director – Programmes (ACDP) on programme development, implementation and leveraging of global technical resources for Programme Quality visits and reviews.
- Responsible for managing country-wide financial exposure and leading the annual Country Budgeting process to ensure effective forecasts and resourcing.
- Responsible for effective governance of the country programme including day-to-day management of the Internal Auditor; maintaining an effective control environment through management action on audit findings; review of Feedback, Complaint Response Mechanism (FCRM) reports and liaising with the Head of Investigation Unit on case by case basis.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate and effective support functions for programme implementation. The CD manages and guides the ACDS to develop lean supply chain processes; appropriate and compliant procurement functions; fit for purpose IT systems and a service level mindset for support to programmes, manage; the overall safety/security management and appropriate duty of care of the country programme staff.
- Support regional integration and collaboration with GOAL teams across the Latin America and Caribbean region.
- Represent GOAL in key stakeholder and peer networks and coordination mechanisms and with state and local government agencies.
- Actively participate in the regional coordination committee and be responsible for the applications of the indications of this committee
Behaviours (Values in practice)
Highlight the behaviours that will be required to achieve a high performance in the role.
- Act as a representative of GOAL and demonstrate the highest standards of behaviour towards children and vulnerable adults both in your private and professional lives.
- Lead by example and coach and development capacity of the GOAL team in Haiti.
- Develop GOAL’s network of partnership in Haiti
Requirements (Person Specification)
These are the essential requirements to be shortlisted for this role. You should cover education, experience and soft skills.
- Relevant post-graduate qualification in Business, administration, management, social science, international development OR Relevant degree level qualification alongside 3-5 years’ relevant experience
- 5 years’ experience at Country Director Level in the overseas humanitarian or development environment.
- Demonstrable experience in security and crisis management
- A record of successful engagement with institutional donors and securing funding
- Experience leading a large and geographically dispersed team and working in highly insecure locations
- Fluent written and spoken French and English is desirable for this role
- Prior experience working in Haiti
- Demonstrated commitment to be based in Haiti
- Experience directly managing multi-sector programmes across multiple grants and/or experience in managing qualified programme managers implementing multi-sector activities across multiple grants
- Prior experience in programming in food security, resilience, humanitarian response, sustainable urban development, market systems development.
Accountability within GOAL
A commitment to GOAL values and GOAL’s integrity framework is critical to working with GOAL. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability: 1) Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, code of conduct, health and safety, confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols; 2) Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area; 3) Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
Children and vulnerable adults who come into contact with GOAL as a result of our activities must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Equal Employer Statement
Consistent with GOAL’s core values of humanitarianism; integrity; respect; partnership and courage, we place a significant emphasis on equality in our working environment.
GOAL is committed to treating all its employees with dignity and respect and values diversity, which it believes enriches an organisation. To reinforce this commitment, all company activities, policies, practices and procedures are to be carried out in accordance with this global standard.
All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling GOAL’s commitment to equal employment opportunity and equal treatment. GOAL does not discriminate against any employee or volunteer; or any applicant for employment or volunteering on the basis of age, gender identity, ancestry, political opinion, civil status, medical condition, ethnic background, disability, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
GOAL believes that our strong commitment to equal opportunity and equal treatment helps to ensure that there is no unjustified discrimination in the recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, compensation, benefits, retention, and discipline of staff and volunteers.
GOAL aims to provide a work environment that fosters fairness, equity, and respect for social and cultural diversity, and that is free from discrimination, harassment [and vilification] as determined by applicable laws.
General Terms and Conditions
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document.
How to apply
Please apply online via our website: