- January 23, 2024
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
* Remote to CARE USA hub countries: Kenya, Ethiopia, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Nigeria, Cote d’Ivoire, Jordan, Egypt, Ecuador, Guatemala, Bangladesh, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Thailand.
CARE is seeking an Emergency Preparedness Planning (EPP) Systems Support Specialist, who will contribute to CARE USA’s efforts to achieving 2030 Vision, anchored in the delivery of women -centered, locally led quality humanitarian response with speed and at scale.
CARE USA is currently working to enhance the use of technology and bring about a digital solution to the way the emergency preparedness and planning and the anticipatory actions are carried out. Working directly under the Senior Manger EPP and Programs Support, the EPP System Support Specialist will lead the digitization work and offer necessary technical support to CARE’s Headquarters, Regional Management Units (RMUs) and Country Offices (COs) on all the digital initiatives within the EPP workstreams. This includes but is not limited to creation of the necessary digital solutions to support nimble EPP systems, leading implementation of the EPP digital solutions, providing technical support and continue to monitor and ensure effectiveness of the EPP digital solutions throughout the organization. The position will require 20% travel time to cover CARE’s work across CARE operational areas.
- Provide technical solutions and support to CARE’s digital preparedness initiatives: lead and provide support to conceptualize innovative digital solutions to the EPP and anticipatory actions. Coordinate with internal team, CO and RMUs to determine and validate the digitization needs and business cases for preparedness and planning work. Working closely with CARE USA Digital team to ensure digital products are designed and developed within business owner specifications.
- Support rollout of technology solution across CARE Confederation: lead user acceptance test and feedback process and work closely with the design team to refine the technology solution. Coordinate with the regional and CO leadership to ensure timely implementation of technology solutions around preparedness and planning. Train and orient the team on the use of technology solutions. Develop tools that are easily adopted, have high usability and analytical efficiencies in line with current technological initiatives including AI.
- Monitoring, analysis and reporting of effectiveness of digital solutions: ensure maintenance of technology solutions and development of new apps, tools such as the EPP dashboard, including data input and development of relevant trainings and technical capacity. Ensure EPP technology and tools are centrally held, readily available and effective. Ensure that mechanisms for monitoring and rolling out of the digital platforms are effective, efficient and well maintained.
- Bachelor’s degree in DRR, international development or related field and advanced degree in digital technology or project management.
- At least 5 years of working with another INGO, with 2 of those years working at the field level of country office level in digital solutions in an emergency context and program.
- At least 1 year of project management including budget oversight and donor reporting.
- At least 2 years of DRR, emergency preparedness experience or related.
- Experience with developing spreadsheets and PPT presentations.
- Experience with drafting training materials and facilitating training sessions.
- Ability to analyze data and make appropriate recommendations.
- Language – excellent written and spoken English is essential.
How to apply
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
Starting salaries are based on internal equity, candidate experience, and the cost of labor where the job is based. Salaries listed only apply to jobs based in the US.