- August 10, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
The IRC’s Airbel Impact Lab designs, tests, and scales life-changing, cost-effective solutions for people affected by conflict and disaster. By applying deep technical expertise and field experience with a range of skills from the behavioural sciences, human-centered design, research, and multi-disciplinary problem-solving in humanitarian contexts, we work to develop breakthrough solutions that combine creativity and precision, flexibility and expertise, and a desire to think afresh with the experience and reputation of a large-scale implementing organization.
We are looking for a Programme Manager for a pivotal support role on a large research consortium project. The Education Research in Conflict and Protracted Crisis (ERICC) is the UK’s Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) programme to lead research on the most effective approaches to education, and support the global uptake of stronger evidence-based policies and better value for money education programmes globally.
The Programme Manager will provide direct programmatic and administrative support to the ERICC Project Management Team, Research Directors, and consortium partners to help us deliver an ambitious programme of research, research uptake and capacity sharing activities.
- Coordinate ERICC Research Programme Consortium’s recurring meetings with IRC teams, consortium partners, FCDO and other external partners, ensuring invites are sent out on time, correct attendees are invited, and invites include key pre-reads and meeting documents.
- Support the Programme Management Team with meeting requests, scheduling, travel and project administration.
- Develop and maintain ERICC Google Calendar, including standing meetings, contract due dates, and IRC and partner leave and holidays.
- Take detailed and accurate notes in key meetings, and assist with key follow-up items.
- Maintain the ERICC Communications Matrix (internal and external), ensuring all partner and IRC staff are included. Coordinate the quarterly comms matrix update.
- Manage the IRC ERICC Box Drive and full consortium Google Drive, ensuring access permissions and filing structures are kept up to date, and ensuring proper naming conventions and version controls are maintained.
- Coordinate and track partner- and consortium-level deliverables, including knowledge management of submissions, communications, feedback and approvals.
- Quickly and accurately file key documents and communications including partner reports, deliverables, communications with FCDO, and monthly consortium updates.
- Assist in the organization, support and coordination of meetings and conferences.
- Field general administrative support requests from team members, striving for rapid problem resolution and flagging issues as appropriate.
Skill and Experience Requirements
- Minimum 2-3 years related non-profit and/or administrative work experience, preferably in international humanitarian aid organizations, development, and/or education.
- Significant experience and comfort using a range of administrative, collaborative, and communication tools, including:
- Microsoft office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams, Sharepoint),
- Google suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Calendar),
- Box Drive
- Doodle (or other meeting planning applications)
- Strong attention to detail and consistency in operating set administrative processes,
- Strong writing and communication skills,
- Experience taking detailed and accurate meeting minutes and capturing key follow-up items.
- Experience coordinating multiple calendars and events across meeting platforms.
- Strong administrative experience, with proven proficiency in tasks that require consistent follow-up with multiple stakeholders and organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with multiple teams across time zones.
- Ability to proactively identify and problem-solve bottlenecks in administrative and communication processes.
- Ability to work with people of different cultures, experiences, and perspectives in a sensitive and positive way is required, experience working with teams from multiple countries/cultures is strongly preferred.
Posted pay ranges apply to US-based candidates. Ranges are based on various factors including the labor market, job type, internal equity, and budget. Exact offers are calibrated by work location, individual candidate experience and skills relative to the defined job requirements.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity:
IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic.
Professional Standards: The IRC and IRC staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Global Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Equality and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days (depending on role and tenure), medical insurance starting at $145 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare, childcare, and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with up to 4.5% immediately vested matching contribution, plus a 3-7% base IRC contribution (3 year vesting), disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counselling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.