- May 16, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
World Vision international
Join and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO, dedicated to work with children, families & communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision International was established in 1950 & operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Job title: Field Operations Analyst
World Vision’s Syria Response, managed from Amman, oversees programming for conflict-affected Syrian children and their families inside Syria and throughout Jordan and Turkiye. The Operations Analyst supports the Field Operations team for Syria, ensuring a functional, harmonized, and cutting-edge field operations analysis system that meets the requirements of the Syria Response office and the broader WV partnership and donors. The Operations Analyst is responsible for developing robust and secure methods to capture, process, disseminate, and archive field operations data, ensuring program information supports implementation, external engagement, and effective decision-making at the project, program, and strategic level through the development of data flow maps, dashboards, mapping, data collection, cleaning and analysis tools. The Analyst will also be responsible for the overall reporting coordination (narrative and financial) for all ongoing projects in Syria. Tasks will include capture, analysis, and dissemination (by the creation of data flow maps and dashboards (in PowerBI), of data relating to burn rates vs. Targets, challenges, and mitigation measures in collaboration with the Project and area managers to ensure effective project/program reporting and follow-up.
Knowledge/ Qualifications for the role:
Field Operations System Management
- Ensures the efficient and optimal management of the WV Syria field operations information and data flows through an appropriate, coherent, and high-performance management system
- Supports the information management team to provide advice on investments in appropriate IM software
- Contribute Field Operations data to the WVSR data visualisation process – by managing the WVSR field operations dashboard development, improvement, and +modification of reports through Power Bi and relevant systems.
- Consult system users or stakeholders to ascertain needs and to ensure that systems and reports meet user or project requirements
- Develop recommendations for the streamlined business process of WVSR Field Operations systems and reporting
- Manage the development of a streamlined business process of WVSR Field Operations systems and reporting guidelines
- Ensure WVSR field operations systems are updated, efficient, and effective with an enhanced user-friendly design
- Systems and reports are updated with users’ requirements
- Publish essential reports in the WVSR Field Operations dashboard to be utilized by the different teams
- Ensure Standard processes and sets of reports are well defined, clearly articulated, and logically structured
- Ensure proper reporting on the progress of project implementation;
- Support on ensuring that the projects are meeting agreed upon results, timelines and budgets;
- Support on analysis of effectiveness and efficiency of project implementation and highlight challenges.
- Provide clear schedules – In coordination with GAM – for expected reports both internally and externally on a monthly basis (reflecting monthly, bi-monthly, mid-year, etc.)
- In coordination with GAM make sure reporting deadlines are clear and met to the donor, region, etc.
- Collaborate with the MEAL team, particularly the Information Management Coordinator, to review reported numbers/achievements.
- Collaborate with finance to ensure the latest financial reports per project are included in the overall report.
- Collaborate with Technical advisors for sectoral reporting as needed
- Supports the completion of the Grant Health Tracker
Required Professional Experience:
- At least 3 years’ experience in project management and data analysis including reporting.
- Knowledge of Humanitarian standards
- Experience in compiling, and pre-analyzing quantitative and qualitative data, and an understanding of database issues
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Experienced with PowerBI and similar platforms
- Knowledge of data protection best practice and ethical use of data
- Experienced in remote context
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification:
- Bachelor’s degree qualification in a relevant field vis a vis the major responsibilities.
- Understanding of program design process, and monitoring/evaluation frameworks.
- Ability to work both on own initiative and as part of a team in a high-pressure environment while adhering to deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility, ability to coordinate and build consensus.
- Ability to work well in and promote teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, Arabic, and competency of translation from English to Arabic and vice versa.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with ability to express ideas and concepts clearly and persuasively.
- Experience in strategic thinking and planning skills, able to set priorities and to evaluate progress.
- Ability to provide support and training to staff and partners on internal/donor requirements.
- Moderate – high financial awareness, with the ability to support budget analysis.
- Strong networking skills.
- Leadership: proven ability to build trust and relationships to work productively, motivate and inspire teamwork even without line management authority.
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving skills and detail orientation, even under time pressure.
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet) required.
- Excellent excel skills.
- Certification or specific training in Statistics, Information Management and/or Data Management is a plus.
- Previous experience in fragile context will be an added advantage.
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
Position will be based in Jordan or Turkey.
English and Arabic are required.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local applicants only
How to apply
Interested candidates can apply through the below link: