- August 10, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
- CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
- CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
- Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
- Visit www.ctg.org to find out more
Overview of position:
- The role of the Field Security Officer is to implement & manage duty of care of all staff in accordance with CTG’s contracts & obligations.
- Providing induction security training, security awareness training & quarterly briefings to all staff in a timely fashion.
- New staff should be briefed within 48 hours of their start date.
- Conducting background checks on all nationals as required.
- Reviewing & tracking trip reports (not movement requests).
- Providing security advice to consultants for work related issues.
- Advising on all CTG projects, staff & consultants on security incidents via WhatsApp, Signal, Telegram platforms & via email as agreed with Account Managers.
- Conducting analysis of concurrent security situations in the region & preparing monthly country wide security situation reports.
- Developing & maintaining relationships with like minded Security Managers, UNDSS, security representatives of other UN agencies, INGOs, NGOs & other law enforcement security rganizations in Mozambique.
- Maintaining a database of key security contacts & updating it regularly.
- Establishing an emergency call out procedure for each project so CTG can track & react to incidents swiftly.
- Deploying to locations to conduct safety & security reconnaissance ahead of consultants as requested by Account Manager.
- Responding to emergencies, conducting investigations, completing incidents reports & after action reports.
- Providing security support to Account Manager on issues related to consultants.
- Preparing a weekly report each Monday for the Account Manager & Regional Manager outlining the previous week’s work number & types of ‘request for support’ calls received on duty phone; number of emails received on FSO email, number of meetings attended outside of office, number & type of support provided to CTG managers etc.
- Participating in the preparation & operationalization of country security plans, SOPs, etc.
- Completing other tasks as directed by the Global Risk Manager & Account Maanager & his / her delegate.
- Liaising closely with the CTG security & risk management team to ensure CTG’s high standard of duty of care is consistently applied.
- Liaising closely with UN security representatives in Mozambique for IOM, UNDP as well as other INGOs & NGOs operating in the region.
- Ensuring all staff operate in compliance with company policies, procedures, report infractions without delay to the Mozambique Account Manager & keeping the Regional Manager & Global Risk Manager in cc on all emails.
- The Field Security Officer reports to the Mozambique Account Manager with a functional reporting line to the Global Risk Manager.
- Must be fluent in Portuguese, Macau & profient leval of English is required.
- Education in a relevant discipline is desired.
- Relevant experience is required.
- This role has no team management responsbility.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.