- August 1, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Finance and Admin Manager, Sri Lanka
LAW is an independent, non-profit organisation comprised of human rights lawyers and jurists working in fragile and conflict affected areas in the Middle East, Africa, and South Asia. We focus on gender equality and sexual and gender-based violence, rule of law and accountability, transformative justice, and natural resource exploitation, working to bring justice to those who need it most.
LAW’s ground-breaking work has received international media coverage, including in Reuters, the New York Times, the Times of London, the Guardian, Al-Jazeera, France24, Voice of America, Huffington Post and Foreign Policy.
LAW is seeking a dedicated Finance and Admin Manager to join our Sri Lanka team and be part of a wider Finance team composed of the Head of Finance, a Finance Manager, Accounting Officer and a Finance Assistant. In the field we also have three other Finance Managers based in Lebanon, Bangladesh and Kenya. The ideal candidate will be able to support the Sri Lanka Programme Manager and Head of Finance by managing donor grant, country budgets and general accounting such as regular transactional accounting activity, on the yearly statutory audit and consolidation processes, to ensure an efficient and effective accounting systems for the Sri Lanka office and to provide capacity building to staff and our partners.
MORE ABOUT THE POSTION
Where? The position will be based at our Colombo Office in Sri Lanka.
Duration: The position is funded for 12 months on a full-time basis. Extension is possible subject to funding.
Salary: Competitive rates of pay apply.
Role Overview and Responsibility
To ensure an efficient and effective accounting records and systems for the Sri Lanka office in collaboration with the Global Finance team. To be responsible for all financial reporting, prepare country budget and support the Head of Finance with the yearly statutory audit and consolidation process. The post holder will perform duties in accordance with the responsibilities outlined below:
1. Financial management of Sri Lanka master budget, grant donors’ and cash flow
3. Annual statutory financial statements and grant audit(s).
4. Administrative support
- Budget management: Prepare country yearly budget and oversee programme expenditure, ensuring accurate monthly spending projections and implementation of expenditure plans as well as analysis;
- Support the Programme Manager on funding proposals and budget preparation;
- Responsibility for monthly and yearly cash requests including forecast projections;
- Prepare NSSF and income tax in accordance with SL obligations and LAW’s financial procedures;
- Prepare timely financial reports to donors and management and identify and analyse any under- or over-spendings,
- Coordinate and hold monthly meetings to review financial reports, and budget preparations with the Programme Manager and Head of Finance;
- Develop and coordinate capacity building on financial issues for staff and be the focal point for implementing partners of LAW;
- Responsible for financial procedures (receipts, payments including recording of transactions related to programme activities and reporting to SL government authorities.
- Implement and monitor financial controls including bank & Petty cash monthly reconciliations and other control accounts (advance clearance etc.);
- Ensure accurate data entry into the Navision ledger for monthly reporting for the general accounting as well as the analytical one;
- Prepare financial reports to government, donors as well as fund requests forms and management;
- Monitor expenses to budget vs grant allocations and follow up on the monthly cash flow requirement;
- Upload payments on systems including commercial banking and Western Union and manage and ensure these are processed and paid in a timely manner with required supporting documents;
- Ensure optimal allocation of expenses in line with approved budgets and projected expenditures (master budget, consolidated allocation tables, BPO, etc.);
- Organise and manage internal and external audits as per donor policies where appropriate;
- Prepare national yearly statutory (legal) accounts and other legal returns for LAW and provide support to the Head of Finance for the consolidated yearly statutory audit;
- Implement and maintain financial policies and procedures in compliance with donor requirements and LAW policies;
- Maintain financial archives in accordance with donor requirements;
- Collate all supporting documents related to the specific grants audit.
- In coordination with the HR and Logistics Coordinator maintain inventory of office equipment and assets including laptops, mobiles, stationary etc;
- Manage the office administrative activities with the support of the Office Assistant and to prepare and follow up of the office budget and support costs.
- Support the Head of Finance to ensure policies and procedures for Finance and procurement
of services are followed across the organisation and revised where appropriate;
- Only Sri Lankan nationals will be considered for this position;
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business administration or related field;
- Professional certification such as Certified Accounting Technician (CAT), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or Chartered Accountant (CA);
- Demonstrated 5 years’ experience or more in a similar senior finance position working for an INGO;
- Proven experience in bookkeeping, accounting, or financial administration
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Track record of strong accounting principles, including financial reporting and audit standard;
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated experience in Excel;
- Demonstrated experience of working on US and EU grants with sub-grantees;
- Knowledge of ERP accounting system preferably Microsoft Dynamics Navision;
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure and meet conflicting tight deadlines;
- Ability to communicate to a wide range of stakeholders including technical financial matters to individuals not versed in financial management;
- Excellent organizational skills, including ability to effectively coordinate projects and to effectively problem solve and troubleshoot.
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative manner.
How to apply
LAW is currently looking for an ambitious individual who has a track record of relevant accounting experience and skills to support finance operations. If you are ready for your next challenge, we would like to hear from you.
Please submit your CV and covering letter outlining how your previous experience and skills match this role (neither exceeding 2 pages of A4) to: recruitment @legalactionworldwide.org. The heading of the application should read ‘Finance and Admin Manager Sri Lanka’
Deadline for applications: This position is on rolling basis – LAW will be scheduling interviews as the applications come in; therefore, to avoid any disappointment please apply early and no later than20th August 2023.
Start date: Immediate
Only shortlisted candidates who meet the criteria will be invited to the selection process.
At LAW we are strengthened by the diversity of our colleagues reflecting the people and communities that we represent and support. Our team includes many nationalities with diverse professional backgrounds, skills, and knowledge. This enables us to deliver and understand the cultural and political contexts on the ground and to tailor our support effectively and appropriately.
To learn more about LAW please visit our website: www.legalactionworldwide.org.