- December 7, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Reference number: Rec/009/21
CORDAID is a Dutch, international non-governmental organization which combines 100 years of experience and expertise in emergency aid and structural poverty eradication. CORDAID believes in a world without poverty and exclusion. We strive for a just and sustainable society where every person counts. We stand for knowledge and talent sharing between North and South, between farmers and businesses, between activists and policymakers. Where poverty, conflict and exclusion tear up societies, we connect people and communities. We also stand for professionalism, expertise and solidarity across borders, to make a difference where it is most needed. Together with more than 600 partner organizations in Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America we structurally improve the living conditions of the poorest and most excluded populations – the bottom billion.
Purpose of the position
The Gender and Inclusion Specialist has the role of supporting Cordaid’s programs to implement gender mainstreaming in all its work. This Gender & Inclusion Specialist provides input, guidance, and recommendations on all gender perspectives in the work of Cordaid and is expected to advocate for greater attention of gender and inclusion across board. This requires the Gender & Inclusion Specialist to understand Cordaid’s programs and how gender mainstreaming applies to its work. In addition, the Gender & Inclusion specialist is expected to have a good understanding of the international instruments and frameworks like SDGs (Agenda 2030), UNSCR1325, CEDAW. This position will ensure that project activities effectively integrate gender considerations and mainstream vulnerable and marginalised groups, such as women and persons with disabilities. The Specialist will support the design and implementation of project activities that address the unique human rights challenges that women face, and how to incorporate gender and social inclusion concerns in advocacy activities. S/he will support project management with recommendations for improving processes to achieve objectives, will contribute to the overall adaptive programming approach, and will play a key role in project work planning, learning, and reporting.
- Assist Cordaid Ethiopia management to assess and identify gender knowledge needs and gaps in Cordaid programmes.
- Provide technical support to program design and implementation of comprehensive approaches to include gender across all programmes. Provide guidance to Program Staff on inclusion and gender issues across all programme areas.
- Work closely with the M&E technical lead to generate monitoring and analysis tools for gender interventions, assist in the monitoring and evaluation of results emanating from Cordaid program work with resulting to the collect & analyze disaggregated data.
- Conduct gender analysis at programme outset to identify unique constraints for women and men and incorporate findings in work plan and baseline data for ongoing monitoring and learning purposes.
- Develop and manage a set of grants to enhance gender equity with regards to UNSCR 1325 (participation of women in leadership, prevention of harmful practices, Protection from gender-based violence)
- Work with and participate in Gender Community of Practice (Internal and External) to Develops tools for the design and implementation of gender and inclusion specific technical components as needed.
- Coordinate training activities and develop a suite of tools for training on gender mainstreaming based on identified needs of staff and relevant stakeholders on gender inclusion-related issues in liaison with other organizations/partners that can contribute towards this.
- Deliver technical assistance to stakeholders to build capacity around development of inclusive practices and policies.
- Develop annual project work plans in collaboration with program staff and contribute inputs to all donor related reporting mechanisms.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- BA in Gender Studies or related field (Master’s degree highly preferred).
- At least 5 years of work in gender responsive development work
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience (Minimum 5 years) of development and gender issues in either of these areas (humanitarian response, health, food security, livelihoods).
- Good communication written and spoken.
- Experience with program design and implementation.
- Proposal development skills
- Strong knowledge and skills related to gender inclusion, concepts, and principles.
- Experience managing and implementing programmes related to prevention of sexual and gender-based violence.
- Demonstrated ability to influence, motivate and collaborate with others.
- Experience with gender analysis highly desired.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills; and
- Ideally, the candidate will also have worked on various donor programmes and be familiar with approaches to gender sensitivity and inclusion.
How to apply
Interested and qualifying applicants can submit their application letter and CV in English, with both phone and email contact details of at least 3 professional references, to the following email email@example.com. The vacancy reference number along with the title of the post needs to be written in the subject of the email.
CORDAID is an equal opportunity employer and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
All applications submitted cannot be returned.
Applicants are encouraged to apply early as interviews are done on a rolling basis and the advert can be closed when a matching candidate is identified
An integrity screening will be part of the application procedure.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.