- October 27, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
The Gender and Safeguarding Advisor will be responsible to integrate gender and safeguarding matters in our internal systems and processes, programming, provide technical inputs to adapt program strategies to integrate Gender and Safeguarding. Furthermore, identify capacity building requirements of the team, develop plans and undertake refresher and training for Mercy Corps and its Partners.
Essential Job Responsibilities
Capacity Building and Integration of Gender and Safeguarding
- Identify gender and safeguarding issues/ challenges/risks within the program and develop ways to adapt these in the program activities accordingly.
- Provide technical inputs to integrate gender and safeguarding considerations in Mercy Corps Pakistan and its partners processes, policies and programs.
- Ensure that Mercy Corps’ Safeguarding and Gender policies and considerations are integrated across programs.
- Identify capacity building needs of the team, develop and implement capacity building plan for the s Mercy Corps and its Partners’ staff.
- Conduct periodic monitoring of the Partners for compliance with the safeguarding minimum standards and their capacity building plans.
- Act as a reporting focal person for Safeguarding related issues, concerns or experiences and ensure next steps occur in accordance with organization’s policies and procedures.
- Act as a resource to the program participants and help to improve processes and procedures to ensure their safety & security and well-being with a survivor-centered approach.
- Help to support and raise awareness among program team and participants on safeguarding reporting mechanisms.
- Contribute to program design to ensure inclusion of the Safeguarding and Gender aspects as per the organization’s policies.
- Act as a resource person to advise senior management to fulfill their responsibilities and obligations under Mercy Corps’ and donor’s Safeguarding and Gender policies and response mechanisms.
Coordination and representation
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders including Partners, other I/NGOs, relevant clusters, UN agencies, community-based organizations, Regional Advisors, Ethics and Safeguarding teams and other internal stakeholders to enhance cooperation and coordination.
- Attend relevant sectoral coordination meetings and/or represent Mercy Corps Pakistan in other forums.
- Build relationships with GBV service providers (as appropriate) for referrals in preparation for partnership opportunities.
Reports Directly To: Country Director
Works With: Project leads, MEL Manager, Finance and Operations teams, Team Leader South, work closely with and provides support to the Safeguarding focal points within the organization and Partner organizations.
Knowledge and Experience
- Masters Degree in Gender Studies or relevant field in social sector.
- 5-8 years of experience of working in gender and safeguarding in programs with national or international NGOs.
- Specific experience implementing safeguarding efforts in N/INGOs will be a plus.
- Track record of maintaining liaison with governmental and non-governmental partners.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Urdu. The knowledge of regional languages will be a plus.
How to apply
For further job details and apply online, please visit: