- December 22, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Windle International Somalia/Somaliland (WISOM) is an International Non-Governmental organization with oversight support and coordination by Windle International Kenya. WISOM was founded with the belief that good education was essential if Africa was to meet the challenges it faced. Windle International Somalia/Somaliland in partnership with UNHCR implements the tertiary scholarship programme (DAFI) throughout Somalia and Somaliland.
The overarching project goal is to support access to tertiary education for refugees, asylum seekers and refugee returnee students throughout Somalia and Somaliland. WISOM envisages the following key outcomes:
· Improved and expanded access to university education for young women and men through the establishment of formal partnerships with tertiary education institutions in the country and beyond.
· Monitoring of performance, and offer remedial support, counselling and mentoring.
WIS is seeking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of a Guidance & Counselling Assistant based in Hargeisa.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The Guidance and Counselling Assistant is a qualified counsellor who shall coordinate the guidance and counselling support services to the students. They will provide psycho-social support aimed at promoting student success, attendance and retention. They will provide preventive services and respond to identified needs by implementing a comprehensive counselling program. Key responsibilities include:
· Coordinate guidance and counselling sessions for the students
· Sensitize students on importance of education by promoting student’s success in attendance, performance and retention.
· Assist students to develop in areas of developing life skills and living values which will help them in personal growth.
· Work with the Academic Programme Officers in the establishment of a Mentorship Program
· Provide individual and group counselling in to the students
· Participate in follow ups of counselling cases
· Report writing and record keeping in all activities adhering to counselling ethical consideration
· A degree in psychology, counselling or related area
· 3 years’ experience with a demonstrated role in guidance and counselling
· Proven knowledge of counselling
· Mastery of office software (MS Word, Excel, and Power Point)
· Demonstrated ability to write reports
· Demonstrated effectiveness in advising and coaching students
· Current resident in the area of application
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your application through the following link https://forms.gle/ECuZeishG76Mj8uF8
Deadline for applications is Monday 3rd January 2022.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. **
Windle International – Somalia/Somaliland selection processes reflect our commitment to equal opportunity regardless of one’s gender, disability, religion or ethnic affiliation. We work in schools and are committed to safeguard children from abuse. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.