- February 10, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Médicos Sin Fronteras en México A.C.
HEAD OF LOGISTICS
***to work in for the Central America and Mexico Integrated Offices (CAMINO*)**
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
The Head of Logistics has a dual role:
- As logistics referent in the Central America and Mexico Integrated Office (CAMINO) management team he/she leads the construction of a regional hub to support MSF activities (institutional and operational) in the region, together with the other MSFs present in the Americas.
- As Logistics coordinator and Operation Logistics Responsible he/she oversees the logistics support to OCG operations in the region. His/her experience and understanding of operations makes him/her an important member of the team who participates in the management of operations and in the security management monitoring
He/she actively contributes to the construction of CAMINO as a support hub for MSF activities in the region:
- Participate in the development of the MSF regional supply initiative for the Americas as member of the Steering Committee.
- Continue the development of a regional hub for IT support of MSF activities in Mexico and Central America, exploring possible extension to the south of the continent in collaboration with other MSFs there.
- Together with teams from MSF OCG, MSF OCBA and other CAMINO partners, favor pooling initiatives and sharing, based on CAMINO action plan.
- Create and maintain a network of relevant contacts and partnerships in Mexico and Central America in the field of Logistics and Supply.
- Participate in the elaboration of CAMINO strategic orientations and annual plans.
He/she supports and oversees Logistics support to OCG operations
- Is responsible for the proper functioning of the supply of OCG missions for which he / she is responsible.
- International, Regional and local supply will be under the responsibility of the Head of Logistics, with appropriate support and guidance on the OCG supply framework (policies, norms, and good practices) from the Supply chain unit in Geneva.
- Supervise the position of Regional Supply Coordinator based in Mexico office.
- Supervise technical and logistical activities and guarantees the application of logistics fundamentals and will anticipate logistical and technical problems that missions may face:
- Promote and facilitates the implementation of technical activities aimed at improving the impact of medical programs on beneficiaries (WASH, distribution, construction, …)
- Guarantee the availability and reliability of articles and systems, implementation and management of all the necessary means, technical & logistics, associated with qualified human resources.
- Draft the Country Specific Policy, according to the template provided, and submit it to the Head of technical unit for validation. It shall be implemented by the Head of Logistics, reviewed annually and updated when necessary.
- Oversee the OCG / CAMINO office facilities in Mexico City.
- Is responsible for the proper application of HR policies and associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, evaluation…) in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required for the Logistics activities
- In collaboration with the other members of CAMINO management team and OCG mission coordination, he / she actively participates in the development and implementation of action plans and budgets for the mission.
- Contribute to the EPREP plans and responses for Mexico and America Central.
- Is responsible for the applied security, making sure it will be aligned with the MSF OCG security framework, and Mission /projects Security plans. He/she validate the technical aspects of the risk reduction policy.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Supply in CAMINO is under the supervision of the Head of Logistics, nevertheless based on the development of the MSF unified supply initiative for the Americas in 2022, this set-up may be reviewed and the 2 functions separated.
- Current OCG operational portofolio under his/her responsibility is the Mission Mexico / Honduras / Guatemala. This may increase to new missions and responsibilities would be reviewed accordingly.
Education and formation
- University degree related to logistics activities or equivalent experience.
- Needs to have MSF experience or equivalent
- At least two experiences as a Logistics Coordinator, including at least one in emergency and at least one on a regular mission
- Good ability to analyze emergency situations and propose logistical strategies
- Experience required in team management and development of staff.
Spanish & English current level B2
French and Portuguese are assets
- Mastery of MSF logistic tools and fundamentals (Guidelines, policies, etc)
- Knowledge of MSF’s procurement platform
- Knowledge and ability to plan and set up logistical support
- Great verbal and written effective communication
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- High autonomy and resourcefulness
- Great flexibility in working hours, ability to leave quickly to the field.
- Ability to manage a team and to delegate,
- Analytical capacity,
- Organizational skills,
- Good stress management,
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary and multicultural people,
- Speed of decision and of action
- Strategic vision
LOCATION: MEXICO CITY with regular travels to the rest of the country and Central America
SALARY RANGE: 900K to 1,080K MXN GROSS / YEAR ($53,553 MXN MONTHLY GROSS), split into:
- Base Salary
- Up to 20% of Base Salary as Individual Experience (MSF & EXTERNAL)
- Bonus in cash to pick your Social Coverage as you decide best
CONTRACT: MEXICAN, FULL TIME (also for foreigners)
START: MAY 1ST 2022 (flexible)
LAST DAY TO APPLY: FEBRUARY 27 2022. PLEASE UPLOAD CV IN ENGLISH
DURATION: From 3 (minimum) to 6 years (maximum) commitment
BENEFITS: HYBRID WORK (Home / Office)
INSTALLATION PACKAGE (Flights, Installation Allowance, Tax/Financial Orientation, Migration & Visa coverage, etc.)
25 PAID ANNUAL LEAVES / YEAR + BANK HOLIDAYS
MINOR MEDICAL COST COVERAGE
DEI & GREEN COMMITTED
LGBTIQA+ FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT
OTHER BENEFITS AS PER MSF CAMINO POLICIES
Only positions submit before the deadline and with CV and Motivation Letter in English will be considered
MSF is an equal opportunity employer. MSF considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
MÉDICOS SIN FRONTERAS EN MÉXICO AC, with address at Fernando Montes de Oca, number 56, Col. Condesa, 06140, Alcaldía Cuauhtémoc, Mexico City, will process your personal data to carry out recruitment, selection, hiring, supply and administration activities. personal; create personnel files; verify and confirm your identity and data; management and operation of HR processes within the organization. For more details, please review the full version at: www.msf.mx/privacidad
To learn more about life within Humanitarian Missions, we invite you to enter the following link: https://www.msf.mx/proyectos-internacionales
How to apply
Please apply through this link: https://grnh.se/1a08c67d4us