- January 24, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Summary of Role
The Head of Programmes (HoP) is responsible for the development, implementation, management, monitoring, and evaluation and reporting of all MA Somalia country programmes and for ensuring these respond to current development and humanitarian trends.
The role will require strategic thinking of the complex situations as well as the ability to take a more ‘hands on’ approach working to overcome issues as they arise in addition, the role ensures ensures resource mobilization, prioritization and allocation, work plan coherence to deliver the Muslim Aid Somalia Country Strategy.
About the Role
The main responsibilities of this role will be to:
- Provide leadership in the development of strategic plans and budgets for all programs in the country.
- Provide leadership to the Programme Team towards achieving the objectives of the Country Strategy of Muslim Aid Somalia.
- Lead on development of programme ideas into quality grant proposals through a community based, participatory approach.
- Ensure close monitoring of the program works in the field to ensure alignment and contribution to country strategy, monitor flow of information and systemic documentation of quantitative and qualitative achievements in the field and lessons learned thereof.
- Ensure quality and timely submission of quarterly and annual or required Programme and Project Performance Reports as per desired standards and guidelines.
To be successful in this role:
- Educated to Master’s degree level in International Development, International Relations or relevant field.
- Minimum of 10 years work experience in a programme management position, including at least four years experience in a Head of Programming position.
- Strong experience of leading programs development, implementation and proposal writing function and the ability to work effectively at both strategic and operational levels.
- Strong experience in project grants management for large and complex projects, including project design, budget preparation, expenditure tracking, monitoring and evaluation, reporting, etc., for projects funded by multiple public donors such as DFID, NRC, EU, WFP and UNICEF.
- Staff management experience and competencies that are conducive to fostering an open learning environment. Experience coaching and mentoring senior program staff.
Click the following link to see the JD – https://www.muslimaid.org/vacancies/head-of-programmes-1/
Why you should apply:
If you are self-motivated, with the ability to work with a high degree of autonomy this role is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Head of Programmes looking to take things to the next level.
You will be joining a supportive, highly skilled, passionate organisation as a specialist in your field. Muslim Aid offer a 35-hour week, flexible working and encourage a healthy work-life balance.
We will be initiating interviews on a rolling basis with the aim of identifying an appropriate candidate as quickly as possible. Once a suitable candidate is found, the position will be closed.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome all applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, faith, or disability/
How to apply
For your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org .
With subject line as application for the position of Head of Programmes – Somalia