- February 2, 2024
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
HR & Administrative Assistant
Location: Reyhanli – Turkiye
Karam Ev Dernǧi (KED) is seeking an HR & Administrative Assistant to boost our operations work as we develop core functions to better enable our deep-impact programs. You will provide key support in various HR & Admin functions, including Personnel files, Payroll, Performance Appraisal, Training, Recruiting, and general administrative work that supports the KED team.
You are detail-oriented. You know that the small things matter and you focus on the details in your work
You are a builder. You are ready to jump in wherever we are and support the team in the capacity that suits your role. You are excited for the opportunity to build systems and processes.
You are organized. Simply put, you know how to manage projects to make sure they are done on time and with the right people involved.
You are an extremely skilled multitasker. Your role will involve several functions and departments at once. You know how to balance several assigned tasks to ensure that the support you are providing is impactful and prioritized effectively.
ABOUT KARAM EVI DERNǦİ
Karam Ev Dernǧi is an innovative workspace for Syrian refugee teens in Istanbul and Reyhanli, Türkiye, which defies traditional approaches to refugee education. At Karam Houses, hundreds of Syrian refugee teens learn through access to technology (maker spaces, internet, computers), expert mentorship (Syrian refugee architects and engineers), and a sophisticated design-based curriculum (developed by MIT grads) that teaches youth how to build their ideas and their community.
We think about refugees and Humanitarian Aid differently and so we do things differently. We believe in investing deeply in communities affected by conflict.
- Supports the HR & Admin department by screening, testing, and interviewing applicants.
- Provides orientation for new employees by providing information packets, reviewing company policies, gathering withholding and other payroll information, explaining benefit programs, and obtaining signatures for documents.
- Maintains HR records for employees by recording the hiring, transfer, termination, change in job classifications, and merit increase dates as well as tracking vacation, sick, and personal time.
- Documents and tracks HR actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Sets and schedules complicated meetings for interviewees, hiring managers, employees, and department heads.
- Accomplishes HR & Admin department and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
What We’re Looking For: The Essentials
- University degree or college diploma in Public Administration, Business Administration or related field.
- 2 years in HR & Administrative work or related field (NGO experience will be a Plus)
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Advanced proficiency in Turkish is required
- Arabic or English advanced proficiency is required
- Turkish Citizen or Hatay issued Residency Permit
What We’re Looking For Strongly Preferred
- Good experience in HR & Administrative
- Experience working on Türkiye.
- Strong MS Office skills.
- Experience with Google Drive and various software applications
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
DUTY STATION SUPERVISOR: Site Manager
LOCATION: Reyhanlı, Hatay, Turkey
HOURS: Full-time, 40 hours per week. Saturday – Wednesday.
COMPENSATION: Based on the candidate’s level of experience, qualifications, and the organization’s salary scale in Turkish Lira.
How to apply
Interested candidates should fill out the application, which can be found here. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive an email.