- April 4, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Are you passionate about Learning and Development and have worked in the field recently? You speak English and French? The position of HR Development Mobile Officer based in Abidjan – or possibly Brussels – could be for you!
The People Development Hub of the Operational Center Brussels (OCB) provides learning & development (L&D) support to people, projects, missions & departments that build capacity and capabilities to meet MSF operational needs. The most recent OCB operational strategy (2020-2023), and the HR Department 8 strategic focus areas, together with immediate operational needs, dictate the focus for learning & development in the field for the coming years. For 2022, the emphasis is on advancing induction and onboarding, on management development, and on the implementation of sound HR Development strategies, policies and processes adapted to local contexts and operational goals.
In order to provide an adequate, continuing and sustainable support to our missions’ learning and development needs of the future, and to support the vision of further autonomy and quality in our projects and missions, the People Development Hub is looking for a Field HR Development Advice Mobile Implementation Officer (HRD MIO).
The HRD MIO will work under the direct supervision of the HR Development Referent and will be part of an HRD team consisting of the HRD Referent and one other HRD MIO. The HRD team supports missions and projects with their L&D needs and initiatives. The HRD MIO will work in close collaboration with HR Development profiles and HR Coordinators (HRCOs) in the field, with HR Officers in the Operational Cells and with key actors in the Learning & Development Unit.
The mission of the HR Development Field Support Team is to co-design, develop, support and advise field-based actors in Learning & Development. The support and advise is given on the strategic, policy, process and operative level. It focuses on securing that transversal learning & development initiatives are connected to the strategic focus areas of operations and of the HR Department and that these are transferred to and implemented in the field.
The HRD MIO will work directly with HRD profiles and HRCOs to realize this mission on project, country and regional level. The scope of responsibilities is:
- Support the use of assessment and needs analysis fitting to operational strategic goals
- Advise on and support the implementation of strategy, policies, and processes in the Employee Development cycle phases (Recruitment, Induction, Learning, Performance & Feedback, Mobility) with a special focus on the development of:
a. induction & onboarding procedures & processes
b. train the trainer/ facilitator capability building
c. mentoring & coaching processes and skills
d. learning programs for leaders – promoting a management & leadership culture in accordance with MSF organizational values and requirements
e. new feedback-based performance management & development process
- Propose learning & development solutions in line with our learning philosophy that are blended, agile, and scalable, incorporating the 70:20:10 model
- Deliver technical learning solutions & advise on organizational L&D set-ups to HRD profiles in the field
a. Secure connection, coherence and involvement in the implementation of strategic focus areas
- Co-design learning & development initiatives tailored to the country/ project, working in close collaboration with local &/or flex pool facilitators, other MIOs, and actors in the OCB L&D Unit
- Support and help put in place follow-through mechanisms, including line management involvement to ensure continuity and sustainability of all initiatives
- Strengthening of the learning culture to secure self-directed and personalized learning, including digital opportunities
- Organize ad hoc activities, such as webinars, to contribute to HR Development/ L&D communities of practice on local, regional, Operational Center (OC) and inter-OC levels
Education & experience
· Preference for a university degree in Learning and Development, HR or related field
· Minimum 1 year of field experience (preferably with MSF) and at least 6 months in an HRD role
· Minimum 3 years of professional experience in HR development in an international and complex context
· Preference for management experience in the field
· Strong strategic and advisory skills, proven capacity for analysis and synthesis
· Strong collaboration and coaching skills, good aptitude for dialogue with various stakeholders
· Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills
· Results oriented
· Project management skills
· Team player and cross functional attitude
· Experience in facilitation and training
· Fluent in French and English
- Expected starting date: ASAP
- Contract type: 1-year contract (with possibility of extension) – Full time
- Location: Abidjan (Ivory Coast); Brussels* (Belgium) could be a possibility to be discussed
- Available for regular travel to the field sites (70%)
- The contractual conditions will be established based on candidate residency and administrative constraints (work permit, etc) and in respect of MSF function grids and salary policies
- Adhere to the MSF principles and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust and Empowerment
- Adhere to the MSF Behavioral Commitments
*For the location in Brussels, candidates having a valid work permit for this location are strongly invited to apply
Deadline for applications: 15 April 2022
How to apply
How to apply?
Please, send your CV and cover letter to Recruit-HQ-HR@brussels.msf.org and mention “**HR Development MIO**” in the subject of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF values diversity and is committed to create an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, color or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your personal data. For more information, consult our privacy notice to job applicants.