- February 9, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Staff whose work requires or potentially could require any in-person interaction with Save the Children colleagues, partners, or beneficiaries must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless otherwise required by law. Save the Children complies with federal, state, and local laws with regard to accommodations related to this policy.
The Advisor, Human Resources Business Partner will provide support Save the Children’s (SC) strategic objectives by providing efficient and effective HR services to staff and managers for our programmatic and operational divisions within our US headquarters, remote and overseas locations. You will provide HR leadership, advice, and counsel to our International Business Teams including International Programs (Global Health, Education, Livelihoods, and Humanitarian Response), ensuring HR-related issues are navigated effectively and efficiently in the areas of employee relations, performance management, understanding and navigation of HR policy and processes, internal workforce movement, and organizational design and development by leveraging subject matter knowledge of HR laws and best practices, as well as partnership and collaboration with in-house subject matter experts.
What You’ll Be Doing (Essential Duties)
HR Administration (30%)
- Lead the HR efforts for assigned internal clients and work with senior divisional management in the client groups to adapt and implement HR programs leadership and workforce development, performance management, employee relations and talent review and mobility
- Build HR management and development capacity among client management staff.
Organizational Design, Project, and Change Management (30%)
- Provide leadership and advice to the client divisional leadership team in designing organizational structure in alignment with Agency and divisional strategies.
- Partner with the leadership team to effectively manage change and transition and ensure that the HR perspectives and compliance to agency procedures and other legal standards are considered.
- Handle employee relations issues within assigned client group
- Support HR projects as requested
Employee Relations (20%):
- Represent People and Culture across the business teams and act as key contact and resource for the broad range of HR matters from policy communications and interpretation to relationship and change management.
- Ensure the successful onboarding of new staff.
- Partner with other parts of People and Culture (Talent Attraction and Acquisition, Talent Management, Compensation and Benefits, etc.) and other Departments (Finance, IT, etc.) to roll out and support agency-wide initiatives
- Represent People and Culture on the Crisis Management Team as the primary HR contact for medical, security or other emergency evacuations as related to humanitarian or emergency responses.
Policies & Procedures (20%):
- Team with the HR Business Advisory staff to provide a united, consistent, Agency-wide approach to the clients.
- Provide leadership on grievances, disciplinary issues and code of conduct protocols.
- Promote and monitor compliance with employment, child safety and security policies and standard
- Ensure relevant policies, procedures and compliance materials are updated and published online.
- Minimum of a Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience, plus at least five (5) years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated successful experience providing professional HR Generalist support to staff in multiple geographic locations and contexts
- Proven professional proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Professional proficiency in written and spoken English
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate successfully with individuals and teams at all levels
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
- Demonstrated successful organizational skills with a proven attentional to detail.
- Proven ability to handles day to day work challenges with confidence; with a demonstrated willingness and ability to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering an environment of diversity, inclusion, and belonging
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification
- Prior experience with international compensation and expatriate/third country national allowances
Why you should join the Save the Children Team…
Save the Children US offers outstanding benefits that include health, dental, vision and life insurances, pet insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, an Employee Assistance Program, 403(b), generous vacation, personal sick leave, family leave, parental/adoption leave, commuter benefits, dress for your day, and much more.
Click here to learn more about how Save the Children US will invest in YOU!
About Save the Children
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In the United States and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
*Our work for children and their families requires that we commit—at every opportunity—to work together to identify and dismantle persistent systemic and structural racism, inequality, and any other forms of discrimination in this country and beyond. As an anti-racist organization, Save the Children will not tolerate discrimination in any form—in our employment practices, amongst our staff, in our leadership or toward the people we serve. We stand in solidarity with all people to fight for equal rights, justice, inclusion, and belonging.*
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws.
Save the Children is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for the children it serves and helping protect the children with whom we are in contact. All Save the Children representatives are explicitly prohibited from engaging in any activity that may result in any kind of child abuse. In addition, it is Save the Children’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that aims to prevent and deter any actions and omissions, whether deliberate or inadvertent, that place children at the risk of any kind of child abuse. All our representatives are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation.
Save the Children is committed to minimizing safety and security risks for our valued employees, ensuring all are given training, support and information to reduce their risk exposure while maximizing the impact of our programs for children and families. Our shared duty, both agency and individual, is to seek and maintain safe working conditions for all.
How to apply
You will apply externally on Save the Children US’s career website. The link below will take you to this opportunity’s job description and where to apply.