- May 15, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
DRC has been operating in the Middle East (ME) region for over a decade, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programmes through Country Offices (COs) in Yemen, Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey with a Regional Office (RO) in Amman.
DRC Yemen’s response
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has been operating in Yemen since 2008 using a protection of human rights framework. DRC initially worked in Yemen with mixed migrants coming from the Horn of Africa who are displaced by conflict and drought. Since then, DRC expanded its sectors of intervention and is now providing humanitarian assistance in nineteen governorates throughout the country. Current programme sectors include protection, food security & livelihoods, WASH, Shelter, humanitarian mine action and CCCM.
About the job
Overall purpose of the role:
The role will be to start up HDP operations in the North of Yemen with support from HDP OM and DRC support staff. The role will involve both field operations management and oversight of admin/support/HR/safety of the HDP location. The proven ability to live and work without/with limited expat colleagues in a conservative/challenging environment will be an essential requirement for this role and experience in Humanitarian Mine Action. The role is subject to securing of funding and visa for the North of Yemen.
Main responsibilities :
- Manage the location(s) for HDP operations and project(s) implementation.
- Conduct/oversee recruitment/training for new HDP teams in NTS/EORE, EOD, MMC, BAC to IMAS standard.
- Deploy HDP teams effectively and efficiently.
- Manage and QA field-based activities.
- Ensure projects are implemented on donor targets, and up to expected quality.
- Be aware of security and situational awareness situation at all times.
- Maintain DRC standards – CoC and SOPs at all times.
- Work with HDP IM to ensure data reported is accurate.
- Engage and national staff capacity development.ac.
- Engage with civilian and military key stakeholders, to ensure DRC acceptance and safety of DRC operations.
- Strategic planning around procurement/training/deployment with OM to ensure operations are implemented on time/ on budget.
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to CCY’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Experience and technical competencies
- EOD 3 qualified with operating experience. Min 3 years
- Experience in MMC/BAC with operational/management experience. Min 3 years
- Experience in NTS/EORE with operational/management experience. Min 3 years
- Experience in project start up.
- Experience in managing over overseeing HMA support/HR/finance/admin operations. Min 3 years
- Experience of working in challenging environments. Min 3 years
- Experience of working with local partners/NMAA to achieve project access/outcomes.
- Ability to use Microsoft based applications proficiently.
- IMAS EOD 3 or equivalent
- NTS/EORE certificates
- MMC/BAC certificates
- Degree level education (an advantage)
- Arabic (basic) considered an advantage.
- English (fluent)
Key stakeholders: (internal and external)
- HDP Operations Manager
- DRC Country Director
- HDP Coordinator
- YEMAC QA team
- Other HMA actors
- Military forces
- Local leaders
- Civilian authorities
Contract length: We are providing one year contract, renewable depending on funding and performance. This position is reporting to the Humanitarian Mine Action Operations Manager.
Work place: Hodeida
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to www.drc.ngo under Vacancies. This position will be placed at level (F2 Manager).
How to apply
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV in English. Apply online on our link below. Applications sent by email will not be considered:
Humanitarian Mine Action Manager (hr-manager.net)
Closing date for applications: May 28th 2023, interviews will take place after the closing date.
For questions regarding the vacancy please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, If you are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo