- January 18, 2024
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Established in 2007, AAN Associates is a ‘Social Enterprise’ established to enable development partners in finding simple, innovative, cost-efficient, and sustainable solutions to developmental challenges. AAN Associates brings extensive research and evaluation experience in varied contexts. AAN has undertaken more than 110 consulting projects in over 26 countries (East Asia and Pacific, South & West Asia, Middle East, East and South Africa, and West Africa), with bi / multilateral funding agencies, United Nations, public sector, and non-profit entities.
AAN is a growing organization with a distinctive track of producing award-winning research and evaluations. These awards and distinctions have come to complement AAN’s recognition as practice lead in ‘Social Research’ and ‘Evaluations’. AAN is pursuing an aggressive growth strategy underpinned by excellence in service, improvising innovation, and technology, strengthening partnerships and resources, forging institutional systems and diversity.
We are currently seeking experienced and highly skilled IP Evaluation Specialist to join our team for the upcoming GCF-funded evaluation related to Indigenous Peoples.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Assess the impact of GCF’s initiatives on Indigenous Peoples, considering social, economic, and environmental factors.
- Evaluate the alignment of climate finance initiatives with the unique needs and priorities of Indigenous Peoples in addressing climate-related challenges.
- Ensure that GCF initiatives comply with national and international laws and regulations related to Indigenous Peoples’ rights in the context of climate finance.
- Develop and implement robust monitoring and evaluation frameworks specific to Indigenous Peoples’ concerns within the context of climate finance and development interventions.
- Evaluate the ethical implications of development and climate finance initiatives on Indigenous Peoples, ensuring that projects uphold principles of justice and fairness.
- Examine how traditional knowledge and practices of Indigenous Peoples are integrated into climate adaptation and mitigation strategies, and identify opportunities for improvement.
To be considered for this role, you should have:
- Demonstrated expertise in IEFs and related practices.
- Track record of conducting global and regional Indigenous Peoples evaluations.
- The member may ideally be a member of an Indigenous Peoples community.
- Should possess expertise in IP-related issues and challenges in development interventions and climate finance.
- Should possess strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills with similar projects.
- Previous working experience with international NGOs, multilateral, and bilateral donors.
- Capacity to lead and organize the process under tight time constraints, manage teams and assessments/evaluations, with emphasis on complex corporate, portfolio, and performance evaluations directly, energetically, and creatively.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- The ability to work collaboratively and independently.
How to apply
If you are a passionate IP Evaluation Specialist with the qualifications and experience, we are looking for, we encourage you to apply. Please send your CVs (in World Bank format) to email@example.com with ‘IP Evaluation Specialist Application’ in the subject line.
AAN Associates is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds and experiences.