- November 30, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
ABOUT THE STRUCTURE…
Solidarités International is an International NGO working with vulnerable populations, mainly victims of armed conflicts and natural disasters. Specialized for nearly 40 years in the coverage of vital needs, S.I. leads emergency and reconstruction programs.
With respect for cultures and close to the people, Solidarités International implements its programs by combining its skills with those of its employees and local managers.
Solidarités International’s teams, made up of around 270 expatriates and nearly 2200 local employees, are today present in 18 countries in Asia, Middle East, Africa and Caribbean where they are particularly committed to fighting diseases related to unsafe water but also in food security and livelihoods.
SI has launched its operations in Lebanon in March 2013 in order to address the immediate needs of both Syrian refugee and Lebanese host families also affected by the crisis. SI in Lebanon has two operational bases (Tripoli and Zahle) and a coordination office in Beirut. The expatriate team consists of 12 staff members, while the national team represents about 130 staff members.
ABOUT THE JOB
In Collaboration with the HR Coordinator, define, adapt, plan and supervise the implementation of human resources policies in the Mission, ensuring they are in line with the context, the operational challenges and the strategic HR.
He/she ensures legal and administrative support to administrators for all National HR related matters.
He/she is responsible of ensuring that SI is a Responsible employer in the mission and contribute to the professional growth of SI employees in the mission.
The main challenges:
Responsibilities and main activities:
Implementation of the national HR policy
· Take part in the development of the national HR policy
· Participate in defining and monitoring the implementation of HR policy
· Evaluate risks linked to changes in social policy
· Propose improvements to employee working conditions
· When necessary, participate in the Salary Grid review (benchmark…)
· Continually ensure coherence between SI HR policy and national laws
Human Resources Administration
· Ensure that HR procedures are respected and understood at mission level
· Supervise the administrative management of recruitment and hiring
· Organize the administrative briefing for SI Managers
· Ensure that personnel files are kept up to date and deadlines respected (annual performance reviews, contract amendments…)
· Take the necessary steps with authorities if required (registering personnel, submitting documents…)
Human Resources management
· Design and implement HR training sessions for SI Managers (National and Expatriate) and for the administrative teams
· Supervise annual performance reviews
· Put in place an annual training program, supervise its implementation and monitor its impact
· Participate in implementing staff promotions
· Participate in the implementation of career planning and the management of staff mobility
Administrative management of the mission
· Ensure paper and digital filing, as well as ensuring the security of HR/administrative documents
· Check updates of individual personnel files
· Establish and maintain relationships with the administrative authorities at a national level
· Participate to HR – Administration Coordination meetings and represent SI upon request
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
Line manager: HR coordinator
Line Report(s): HR Assistant
Functional Report(s): Base Administrators
Specific skills and experience:
Essential Degree in Administration or HR is highly desirable
Master level specialization in Human resource management.
At least three years of relevant work experience in the same position, desirably with other INGO.
Excellent computer skills
Compulsory driving license
-Ability to organize and prioritize workload independently, using initiative when appropriate
-Ability to work with minimal supervision
-Interest in and commitment to SI’s activities, enthusiasm towards humanitarian matters.
-Willing to do regular field visits to the different project sites in which SI is working
Good command of English.
French is a real plus.
SI WILL OFFER YOU
Basic Salary: 2,300 USD
Social and medical cover
Paid Leaves: 1.5 day/month
How to apply
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English; firstname.lastname@example.org
CV only will not be considered.
NB: Please note that this position has to be filled ASAP, therefore; the applicant must be immediately available.
The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension.
For further information about Solidarités International, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/