- August 2, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Title: Logistics Assistant
Reporting Line: Sr. Logistics officer
Duty station: Turkey, Gaziantep
Full time/ Part time: Full time
Muzun Foundation for Humanitarian & Development (MHD) is a civil society and Non-for -profit organization registered in Turkey, Gaziantep since 2015. The NGO was founded by professional humanitarian workers engaged in the Syria response (North NW Syria . We come from the communities affected by the conflict. We have set up this organization in order to support fellow Syrians with relief and non-relief assistance to maintain their under-pressured resilience and help them cope with the challenging conflict environment. In our work we focus on the most vulnerable including persons with special needs, children and women. As a grassroots organization, our work is community-led and therefore owned and sustainable
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Checking the PRs after receiving them from the requester
2. Preparing requests for quotations (RFQs) and sending them to the field team.
3. Follow up on the purchasing process till closing it.
4. Preparing the contracts and purchasing orders.
5. Monitor the quality of goods received.
6. To follow up with the finance department to pay suppliers’ dues and bills owed to the organization.
7. Follow up in a timely manner with Suppliers for all urgent requirements.
8. Follow up and Assist with fleet management tasks as needed.
- University degree in Social Sciences or another relevant field.
- At least 1 years of working experience in a similar position with local or International NGO.
- Be able to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Ability to work within team.
- Strong organizational and Good time management skills, ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Adherence to MHD Code of Conduct and internationally accepted humanitarian principles
- Valid legal papers (identity – residence – Turkish identity)
- Competency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Very good English written communications skills including the ability to prepare reports.
- Team player and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to meet deadlines and cope with pressing timelines.
- Problem solving and basic counselling skills.
- Stress & Time management skills
******obligated not to practice sexual exploitation and abuse, in exchange for the services they provide, in addition to assuming their responsibilities to protect children from harm and abuse and to ensure a safe environment for them, and to work to create a safe work environment for everyone free from any form of harassment, abuse, exploitation or misconduct during work that diminishes the dignity and safety of the volunteer or employee.
How to apply
To apply for this position, you can visit the following links:
The deadline is 05 Aug 2023
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.