Post Title: MEAL Assistant (Full Time)
Organization: Welthungerhilfe (WHH)
Location: A’zaz, Syria
Duration: Six months (2 people)
Starting: As soon as possible
Benefits: Competitive package
Application closing Date: 3/09/2020
Welthungerhilfe is a private, non-profit-making, politically independent and non-denominational organization that supports people living in deprivation and poverty, irrespective of the color of their skin, their religious beliefs or their worldview. WHH is working in the fields of development cooperation and humanitarian aid, relief aid, rehabilitation and reconstruction.
Welthungerhilfe operates inside Idleb, Syria since 2017 remotely from regional office in Gaziantep/Turkey through implementing partners. WHH implements projects directly inside Syria since 2018, as well.
Welthungerhilfe set up an office in A’zaz, Syria in 2018 in order to start direct implementation of projects in the fields of emergency response humanitarian and relief aid. Ever since, Welthungerhilfe has distributed food baskets, food&hygiene and agricultural vouchers in the IDP camps in A’zaz. Welthungerhilfe aims to sustain the humanitarian aid projects and increase the resilience of IDPs in the region.
The MEAL assistant will be in charge of supporting the monitoring of overall project activities in A’zaz, Syria; the project aims to support most vulnerable internally displaced persons (IDPs) and host communities (HCs) with multi-sectoral components to ease their access to food, hygiene and non-food items. The MEAL assistant will be reporting to SYR1078 project MEAL officer in Azaz office.
The task of the MEAL assistant shall be:
· Conduct field monitoring and process documentation through data collection, gathering information from communities regarding FSL, WASH and NFI needs.
· Conduct multi-sectoral assessment as required for this or other projects and equip the organization with adequate information to make decisions.
· Conduct data cleaning/analysis and highlight weak areas during project implementation.
· Keep track of assessment updates and oversight of field enumerators, if needed.
· In line with Accountability to Affected Populations (AAP), proactively manage feedback and complaint mechanisms according to the local circumstances of the project.
· Monitor the effectiveness, efficiency of the activities in the field.
· Produce monitoring and site-visit reports (daily, weekly, monthly).
· Help project officer in conducting field visits, data gathering and PDM activities
· Conduct KIIs, surveys and FGDs.
· Report any case occurs in the field might be affect directly or indirectly to activities implementation on a timely manner.
· Any other requested duties.
· Position is open to Syrian nationals only
· Education: A Diploma/bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized university is preferred.
· Work Experience: Minimum two years or more of professional experience in a similar position, preferably in a non-profit organization.
- Experience in conducting Key Informant Interviews/assessments
- Experience in using data collection tools
- Experience in conducting verification of targeted people
- Experience in writing monitoring reports (preferably in English)
- Knowledge of common computer programs, particularly MS Excel and MS Word
- Experience working in unsecure and remote locations and reporting to remotely located management
· Social Skills: Ability to network and work in a team.
· Language Skills: Arabic required; English is an asset.
The MEAL assistant will be obliged to maintain confidentiality regarding all information obtained during his/her work during the employment at Welthungerhilfe and thereafter.
How to apply
The applicants should submit a cover letter and CV indicating their match to the above qualifications and requirements in line with the description of duties to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than on CoB 3/09/2020.
Subject line should read: Job Application – MEAL assistant (SYR1078)
A cover letter must include salary expectations.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Welthungerhilfe reserves the right to fill in the position before the deadline due to urgency.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply. In case of equal qualifications women will be given preference.