- February 10, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Médicos Sin Fronteras en México A.C.
MEDICAL PROGRAMS SUPPORT
to join the team in Mexico City
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
Support the Head of Program in the development of the institutional medical activities in CAMINO (Central America and Mexico Integrated Offices) as well as the implementation of the medical activities of CAMINO’s operations.The Medical Programs Support supports the medical programs in CAMINO, including the coordination of medical support positions (intersectional pharma and staff health). He/she keeps an overview of the implementation and if delegated by the HoP (Head of Project) may represent CAMINO towards the MSF movements and the external world.
Presently, in the operational portfolio of CAMINO are the operations of MSF OCG (Operational Center Geneva) in Mexico, Honduras and Guatemala (under one regional coordination management) with 6 different projects in 2022. Furthermore, CAMINO ambitions is to develop medical partnership with the MSF entities/OCs (Operational Centers) in Las Americas, the association in the region and the academics. There are 2 medical position in CAMINO team under the responsibilities of the HoP, intersectional pharmacy position (shared for the operational part between OCBA (Operational Center Barcelona-Atenas) and OCG and the staff health position supporting both mission and branch office staff.
Support institutional medical activities**:**
- Contribute to enlarge and maintain a regional institutional medical network and initiatives (workshops, research collaborations, etc…) which helps profiling MSF as medico-humanitarian actor in the region.
- Participate actively in the organization of the Latam Scientific Days in collaboration with BRAMU (Brazil Medical Unit) and other medical and academics actors in the region.
- Ensure the coordination of the tasks of the intersection regional pharmacist and staff health position in CAMINO as delegated by the HoP. Support the 2 positions in the achievement of their objectives.
- Responsible to draft the medical part of CAMINO budget in collaboration with the medical positions and the Head of Finance.
- Work in collaboration with the HR department of CAMINO and staff health responsible to develop and adapt a coherent staff health policy, including analysis of the insurance landscape and linking with the different OC’s staff health units.
- Collaborate to the definition of need in medical training for staff development.
- Ensure the medical and epidemiological monitoring of the countries without MSF presence included in the regional E-prep (Emergency preparation) analysis and scenarios. Follow up the revision of the medical part of the regional E-prep outside the mission.
- Collaborate with the MSF association (CAMEX) to develop a medical network, participating as medical representative in the different association initiatives when relevant.
Support operational medical programs:
- Participate in the development of the strategic and medical visions for the regional operations in close collaboration with the HoP and the MedCo (Medical Coordinator)
As delegated by the HoP and for the defined programs:
- Keeps an overview of the implementation of medical activities in communication with the MedCo and coordination members, supporting in data analysis, reporting and capitalization or specific vertical medical files, following the needs of the mission. May be asked to represent the mission towards OCG, the MSF movement and the external world.
- In collaboration with the HoP, develop a network of relevant actors to better connect the programs with its environment. Ensure the link of those actors with the MedCo and medical members of the coordination when relevant for the operations.
- Connect with the technical medical referents of OCG and participate in the MSF international medical platforms. Organize meetings with the OCG medical department to ensure an efficient communication with the regional operations: regular monitoring and evaluation process, medical discussions around new Copros (Project Comité) / PoAs. (Plans of Action)
- Under the responsibility of the HoP and in close collaboration with the MedCo and DhoM (Deputy Head Of Mission), support the elaboration of the projects’ medical advocacy strategies, including Operational Research initiatives.
- When required will ensure the back up for the MedCo and of the HoP for delegated tasks.
Education and formation
- Medical or paramedical profile (MD, or nursing diploma)
- Equivalent professional experience (for example medical coordination in public health, epidemiology, sexual and reproductive health, statistics.)
- Desirable Master in Public or International Health
- Minimum 2 years of experience with MSF or another international NGO in coordination/management positions
- Experience in team management and strategy implementation
- Desirable experience in Public Communication
- Fluent in Spanish (C1) & English (C1)
- Deep knowledge of Mexico and Central America region
- Proven affinity with research, advocacy, networking,public communication
- Knowledge of Mexico and Central America medical policies and practices
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Strong humanitarian strategic vision
- Strong leadership capacity
- Strong networking ability, active listener.
- Can make decisions and use discretionary judgment with limited supervision.
- Great verbal and written effective communication
LOCATION: MEXICO CITY with regular travels to the rest of the country and Central America
SALARY RANGE: $58,746 MXN MONTHLY GROSS**, split into:
- Base Salary
- Up to 20% of Base Salary as Individual Experience (MSF & EXTERNAL)
- Bonus in cash to pick your Social Coverage as you decide best
CONTRACT: MEXICAN, FULL TIME (also for foreigners)
START: APRIL 1ST 2022 (flexible)
LAST DAY TO APPLY: FEBRUARY 27 2022
DURATION: From 3 (minimum) to 6 years (maximum) commitment
BENEFITS: HYBRID WORK (Home / Office)
INSTALLATION PACKAGE (Flights, Installation Allowance, Tax/Financial Orientation, Migration & Visa coverage, etc.)
25 PAID ANNUAL LEAVES / YEAR + BANK HOLIDAYS
MINOR MEDICAL COST COVERAGE
DEI & GREEN COMMITTED
LGBTIQA+ FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT
OTHER BENEFITS AS PER MSF CAMINO POLICIES
MSF is an equal opportunity employer. MSF considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
MÉDICOS SIN FRONTERAS EN MÉXICO AC, with address at Fernando Montes de Oca, number 56, Col. Condesa, 06140, Alcaldía Cuauhtémoc, Mexico City, will process your personal data to carry out recruitment, selection, hiring, supply and administration activities. personal; create personnel files; verify and confirm your identity and data; management and operation of HR processes within the organization. For more details, please review the full version at: www.msf.mx/privacidad
To learn more about life within Humanitarian Missions, we invite you to enter the following link: https://www.msf.mx/proyectos-internacionales
How to apply
Please apply through this link: https://grnh.se/c4e1ad684us