- October 6, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Impact Santé Afrique (ISA): Is an African nongovernmental organization based in
Cameroon. ISA specializes in advocacy and strategic communications with the main
objective of contributing to the malaria fight and improvement of people’s health. ISA has
co-established and coordinates the newly launched global platform of malaria civil society
organizations (CS4ME) which aims to increase malaria advocacy and programs are
communities centered, gender sensitive, sufficiently funded and inclusive of civil society.
ISA seeks an experienced Monitoring, Evaluation and learning Specialist to support its
programs and help achieve its malaria programs objectives in Cameroon, DRC and for
CS4ME (Africa/South East Africa).
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The M&E and Learning Specialist, will be responsible for the overall monitoring and
evaluation of ISA programs, including quality assurance of data and delivery of
interventions. He/she will support a culture and practice of reliable planning, monitoring,
evaluation, accountability and reporting of ISA programs as well capacity building,
knowledge transfer internally and externally.
Program design and implementation
• Develop the M&E plan of ISA programs including indicators tracking matrix in line
with ISA standard and practice
• Lead and ensure the implementation of M&E plan, processes and providing
technical support and check quality of data.
• Harness, adapt and roll out tools and technological innovations to collect and
analyze data with an aim of improving ISA programs
• Generate program monitoring and information management plans
• Produce quarterly and yearly high-quality reports as well as project reports as
• Pioneer the development, review and utilization of data collection, monitoring and
• Participate actively in the enforcement of Quality Assurance (QA), Quality Control
(QC) and Quality Improvement (QI) measures for all field program interventions
• Support fellow team members in capturing and documenting best practices and
success stories for learning, reference and dissemination
• Generate program information and dash boards for tracking and depicting progress
on programs and strategy implementation against targets and key milestones
• Initiate data analysis and action planning meeting with program teams to review
data trends and overall project performance
• Maintain a tracker of key action points agreed at review meetings and disseminate
progress of implementation
• Work with the field teams to ensure that program indicators are tracked through
regular field visits
• Review all reports to ensure that data provided is reliable and accurate and that
target indicators are met and explanations provided where indicators are not met
• Ensures the regularity of technical reports from field and project implementing
• Participates in needs assessment and capacity building for staff
• Any other duties as assigned
Coordination, Representation and Advocacy
• Represent ISA in coordination meetings and events as needed.
• In collaboration with team members, design knowledge management products to be
shared with internal and external audiences.
• Provide input in defining and developing and/or reviewing the M&E Standards.
• Build capacity of local stakeholders and project staff in relevant M&E topics,
including data dissemination and use for program improvement.
• Support the team in the development of new proposals and concept notes.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, Statistics or Population Studies
or Postgraduate training in Monitoring and Evaluation is essential.
A minimum of “8 years” experience in a similar position involving data collection,
documentation and reporting.
• Ability to collect, analyze and produce good quality data and information.
Proven skills in data management with concrete knowledge of opensource tools
such as ODK collect, KoBo Toolbox or CommCare platforms.
Computer literacy with possible advanced Ms Word, Ms Excel, Ms PowerPoint and Ms
Knowledge in computer statistical packages (EPI INFO, SPSS and Stata).
Demonstrated experience in capacity building and mentoring of staff.
Knowledge, skills and experience in participatory survey/research methods.
Experience in usage of data to inform decision-making, planning, and performance
Strong communication skills; oral, written and presentation skills.
Strong management skills (Managing, motivating and developing staff).
Ready to work in difficult environmental conditions.
Must be flexible and culturally sensitive.
Fluency in English or French with good knowledge of the other language
How To Apply
Applications including a cover letter, CV or resume, and 3 professional references are
due by October 25th, 2021 at 11:59 pm GMT +1.
Please submit your application to: email@example.com | title:
Please for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org