- December 7, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Who We Are
IREX is a global development and education organization. We strive for a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world—where individuals reach their full potential, governments serve their people, and communities thrive. With a projected annual portfolio of more than $100 million and more than 600 staff worldwide, we work with partners in more than 100 countries in four areas essential to progress: cultivating leaders, empowering youth, strengthening institutions, and increasing access to quality education and information.
Under the guidance of the Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) Director, the MEL Officer will support all Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL)/ Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) activities for Early Grade Education Activity (EGEA), including tracking progress on activity indicators and ensuring effective inclusion practices throughout the program. The MEL Officer will support the development of project work products, to include but not limited to, data collection tools, program timelines, reports, and other MEL products/documents.
The MEL officer will be a critical part of the overall EGEA team and will provide support to the MEL/CLA processes through their understanding of USAID and/or donor MEL/CLA requirements. They will have an in-depth grasp of the EGEA program across all objectives and, will be knowledgeable about all EGEA indicators, data collection, and MEL/CLA work and action planning, timelines and USAID requirements. They will participate (and lead when requested) in all MEL/CLA team meetings and be able to represent the MEL/CLA team at EGEA and external meetings if needed.
We are doers. Our decades of on-the-ground experience help us create greater impact, practical recommendations, and lasting partnerships.
Are you the next member of our team?
Your Background & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in statistics, public policy, international development, economics, social sciences, or related field.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of relevant experience in a MEL position supporting the execution of MEL activities on international development projects.
- Good command of English and Arabic.
- Demonstrated experience working on USAID projects preferred.
- Experience designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
- Experience planning and managing surveys, assessments, and studies.
- Experience developing and refining data collection tools.
- Experience analyzing quantitative and qualitative data
- Experience with data quality assessments and oversight.
- Good knowledge of program implementation, monitoring and evaluation techniques and practices.
- Ability to liaise and negotiate with government and relevant partners.
- Ability to perform a variety of conceptual analyses required for the formulation, administration and evaluation of projects.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a team and good interpersonal skills.
- Good computer applications skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to deal with people with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in diversified environments.
- Ability to read and interpret regulations and procedures and clearly communicate them to others.
- Ability to collect and input data- into computerized databases and spreadsheets and analyze data and information.
- You must have unrestricted authorization to work in Jordan.
Your Daily Tasks
- Support data collection, collation, storage, analysis, and reporting activities, ensuring that data is of high quality and audit worthy.
- Responsible for supporting the preparation and review of program reports in collaboration with program staff.
- Assist in the development and/or finalization of MEL related workplans and ensure it is kept up to date in accordance with project activities and timeframes as relevant.
- Support with the organizing and/or undertaking of trainings with collaborating EGEA senior leaders and partners on M&E as required.
- Support the collection and verification of data collected to ensure compliance with project guidelines.
- Undertake statistical analysis on activities carried out and prepare reports to assist in enhancing service delivery.
- Produce reports on M&E findings and prepare presentations based on M&E data as required. Work with IREX HQ, as requested, to ensure that all program data is uploaded to the IREX relational database (ActivityInfo) and that IREX is able to report on IREX Strategic Plan indicators/goals as per relevant for EGEA work and data.
- Participate, as requested, in IREX MERL Community of Practice and IREX MERL activities and events.
- Other support duties as needed.
We conduct background checks on all successful candidates.
This position is not eligible for Immigration Sponsorship.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets.
How to apply