- February 17, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
The National Director is responsible for the fulfillment of Compassion International’s mission through five distinct roles within their country/geographical area. Their roles are, external representative of Compassion, oversite leader for their country/geographic region, strategic program leadership, marketing collaboration and responsibility for understanding and utilizing appropriate support services necessary to meet Compassion’s mission. He/she provides overall spiritual leadership while translating strategy into program effectiveness, supporting marketing efforts, and having ultimate accountability for the performance and integrity of the country/geographic area.
- Acts as an advocate to raise the awareness of the needs of children. Understands Christ’s mandate to protect children. Commits to and prioritizes child protection considerations in all decision-making, tasks and activities across the ministry. Abides by all behavioral expectations in Compassion’s Statement of Commitment to Child Protection and Code of Conduct. Reports any concerns of abuse, neglect or exploitation of children through Compassion’s internal reporting process and appropriately supports responses to incidents if they occur.
- External Representative of Compassion: acts as the legal representative to government, represents Compassion in developing and managing relationships with external stakeholders, donors, suppliers etc. Extends Compassion’s impact and sphere of influence by forming strategic relationships with governmental and non-governmental organizations. Works with local boards (as applicable) to ensure our ministry is working in an effective and ethical manner.
- Staff Leadership: communicates a compelling vision for Compassion’s ministry in alignment with the corporate mission. Models and promotes Compassion’s global cultural behaviors (incorporating local standards) and provides spiritual leadership. Manages and leads towards ministry outcomes by being accountable for the work and performance of their staff. Responsible to help foster cross functional relationships, so as to further Compassion’s effectiveness. Motivates field staff toward full engagement and effectiveness and ensures staff development programs are implemented.
- Strategic Program Leadership: Leads an in-geography growth & opportunity strategy that reflects Global Program, GME & GSS objectives. Oversees the establishment of relationships with Frontline Church Partner’s (FCPs) and affiliate churches that share Compassion’s vision. Responsible for ensuring the development of strong local church partnerships within and outside of our child sponsorship model. Promotes a strong sponsor/donor engagement mindset with FCPs to help increase the visibility of the church and its role for the sponsor/donor. Responsible for local resource mobilization strategy.
- Program Monitoring & Evaluation Responsibility: Works with Regional Program staff to ensure program’s strategic objectives and outcomes are fully accomplished and meet expected technical quality standards within the geography of responsibility. Oversee Program’s monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning systems using data analysis as the basis for measuring performance. Ensure that monitoring and evaluation is incorporated into evolving program plans including the delivery of quality training and technical assistance to local church partners.
- Country/Geographic Operations: Legally responsible for employment relationships of all staff in country/geographic area, regardless of reporting structure. Works with line management as necessary and appropriate on any required personnel action. Accountable for budgeting, legal compliance and corporate policy compliance.
- Support Services: Provides ongoing feedback to ensure services are meeting expectations and the support provided enables the achievement of strategic objectives.
- Marketing: collaborates with marketing to ensure the strategic direction and execution of the country or geographic area is achieved. Depending on the context, will be responsible to help guide some marketing tasks/initiatives.
- Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion’s core “Cultural Behaviors” in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Senior Leadership experience.
- Experience working in non-profit organizations is preferred.
- Experience representing the organization externally in his/her country.
- Experience in strategic planning and data analysis.
- Knowledge and experience in child development programs and church partnership is preferred.