- December 7, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Panagora Group is a woman-owned small business (WOSB) providing novel and integrated solutions in international development. Our goal is to build national capacity and promote sustainability through robust local participation and capacity building using demand-driven approaches that engage the private sector. Our main practice areas are Global Health; Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, Learning and Adaptation; and Innovation and Organizational Learning. Throughout our work, we embrace a virtuous circle of knowledge stewardship, collaborative learning, and application of evidence to heighten and accelerate positive health and development outcomes.
Panagora is currently working remotely due to the pandemic. When the health and safety situation allows, we anticipate adopting a hybrid work schedule including fully and partially remote work schedules based on current federal, state, and local pandemic guidance.
Panagora Group, Inc is seeking a full-time new business manager for our home office in Silver Spring, MD. The incumbent will serve as an integral member of the New Business Development team and support managing proposals; identifying and tracking new opportunities; leading capture efforts for assigned opportunities; and maintaining new business systems. This position will report directly to the New Business Director.
- Proposals are submitted on time and are compliant with USAID rules and regulations, responsive to the RFP, and competitive.
- Panagora’s win rate is consistently above the industry average.
- Practice areas have realistic business plans and growth strategies with bid pipelines to match.
- New business systems and procedures are based on industry best practices and are continuously tested and improved.
- Panagora’s new business development culture makes us a partner-of-choice for peers, a trusted hand for USAID, and a top contender to competitors.
- Manage proposal development processes as assigned, ensuring that proposals meet client specifications and deadlines as well as Panagora’s quality standards; conduct capture research; and draft proposal sections (technical and cost) as necessary.
- Lead components of proposal development when a bid goes live, such as costing, recruiting, writing, etc., as needed.
- Facilitate internal post-submission debriefs sessions to glean lessons learned.
- Serve as a new business liaison for one of Panagora’s three practice areas:
- Work with the Practice Lead and other staff to prioritize, conceptualize and develop proposals.
- Support bid decision-making with actionable intelligence and analysis.
- Participate in capture planning including technical brainstorming, competitive landscape analysis, and bid strategy sessions.
- Build a network of professional business contacts; help negotiate partnership arrangements and budgets; coordinate teaming agreements, memoranda of understanding, and other institutional agreements with partners.
- Maintain accurate information in the opportunity database and bid files, and assist with pipeline analysis.
- Help develop, maintain, and routinize new business and proposal development systems, tools and processes, and train and mentor programs staff in related areas.
- Support the New Business Director, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in international development or other relevant field and 5 – 7 years of relevant work experience, including at least 2 years in new business development.
- Working knowledge of new business development, including proposal development, for USAID contracts
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to manage complex proposals, plan and prioritize multiple projects, and manage teams to meet deadlines.
- Strong planning, problem-solving, and time management skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Self-starter with demonstrated versatility and integrity.
- Strong interpersonal, team building, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with colleagues and contacts in client and peer organizations.
- Hands-on experience in bid costing and recruiting is strongly preferred.
- Master’s degree.
- Technical background in global public health; monitoring, evaluation, and learning; or institutional development or private sector engagement.
Reports to: New Business Director
No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Only applicants who include the required application components will be considered.
Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Panagora Group, Inc. offers competitive salaries including regular performance reviews and merit increases with an excellent insurance program (health, dental, and vision) paid leave, holidays, bonuses, employee assistance program, training and development assistance, commuter allowance, phone allowance, Society for International Development and Humentum Memberships, as well as employee stock ownership (ESOP) and 401K programs.
*Note: Panagora does not offer visa sponsorship.
How to apply