- October 25, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Save the Children International Kenya Country office, has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as Nutrition Sensitive Advisor, USAID Advancing Nutrition Kenya. The Nutrition Sensitive Advisor will provide overall nutrition sensitive technical support to the Ministry of Health and county governments in Kakamega, Kisumu, and Kitui. The main tasks include supporting the integration of Nutrition in Nutrition sensitive sectors of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries, Education, Social Protection, WASH. The Advisor will provide system support in the areas of multisector nutrition (MSN) to enhance coordination, planning and advocacy for resource allocation. The Advisor will lead capacity building through training and mentorship of nutrition sensitive stakeholders, strengthening HR capacity of MSN; support the development, revision and roll out MSN tools and approaches, and the implementation of the project’s County-level nutrition portfolio and other MSN strategies and policies; and provide other technical support as requested. The role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Qualification and Experience
- Master’s degree in Agriculture, Nutrition, public health, social sciences, international development, or a related field;
- At least 7 years of professional experience working with the Kenyan government in Nutrition in Agriculture, health, WASH or relevant field
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiating couching.
- Results oriented with ability to challenge existing mindset
- Strong knowledge of multi-sectoral nutrition, health policy, systems strengthening, quality improvement, quality assurance, behaviour change communication, community development, food security and/or agriculture.
- Strong knowledge of the health/food system at national, County and community level; Experience working in Kakamega, Kisumu, Kitui a strong plus.
- Experience working effectively in partnership with staff, collaborating organizations, international donors and agencies, U.S. Government agencies (i.e. USAID), host country governments and ministries and other relevant stakeholders.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of virtual communication platforms: Microsoft Teams, Google Meets, Zoom; Microsoft software packages: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Excellent English language skills, both written and spoken with strong presentation skills. Ability to prepare and disseminate project findings, success stories and other documents effectively
Save the children international employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://kenya.savethechildren.net/careers.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process, nor request for medical examination or records and does not act through recruitment agents whatsoever.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=a2FiZGltdWhzaW4uMjQyMTYuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkcmVuYW8uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t