- November 25, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
The *Administration and Logistics Officer*provides administrative, communicational, operational, logistical, and reporting support for the Regional Delegation; this includes support to National Society development and other major initiatives. The *Administration and Logistics Officer*will also be the Security focal point for the Delegation currently covering LAC Region. Will work in coordination with the LAC Team, the International Federation, National Societies, and other potential partners within and outside the Red Cross Movement. Responsible of internal and external communication, social media platforms, HHRR, logistic, and others related. Assisting the Regional Representative and the American Red Cross Regional Delegation Areas as directed by the Regional Representative, ensuring the proper performance of assigned tasks, facilitating communication with internal and external partners and counterparts, being accountable, efficient, and timely.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists the Regional Director (RD) in a variety of tasks including tracking of calendars, priorities and plans including direct reports across the region, preparations of meetings, stakeholder visits and other related tasks
- Manages the administrative and compliance functions of American Red Cross office such as purchases, asset inventory, timesheets, leave requests, leave trackers, staffing, filing etc.
- Coordinates the administrative compliance of Admin focal points throughout the region in consultation with the NHQ Business Operations (currently in 5 countries) building their capacity and ensuring proper procedures and tools are in place and followed: Business Operations procedures, travel authorities, etc.
- Supports team in administrative tasks as directed to fulfill Unit’s support to HQ, NSs and Country delegations
- Represent the American Red Cross when call upon, and to be liaison with all National Societies
- Coordinates with the NHQ Admin and IFRC Admin Services to arrange travels, visa, and other
- Coordinates weekly team meetings, supports the timely documentation, and follow up
- Manages the training calendar for the region ensuring staff and volunteers are up to date in meeting the organizational requirements for various assignments
- Coordinates the flow of staff, volunteers and visitors to the regional delegation and various country delegations.
- Supports administrative and logistical processes of new personnel.
- Supports overseeing and developing, updating administrative procedures in line with NHQ procedures related to the office management, housing, vehicle, and related.
- Ensures follow up on commitments stemming from various team meetings, calls and workshops; maintains relevant trackers.
- Tracks and meets the deadlines and actions taken tasks as assigned by LAC Regional Director by managing and updating the activity trackers after key meetings such as weekly staff meeting, workshops, etc.
Human Resources Support:
- Ensures filing the documentation handled in the AmRC Office, maintaining confidentiality
- Maintains updated personnel contracts, International Mission documents, insurance policies. To comply with, guide and follow up the administrative issues related to the Regional Delegation.
- Overlook the Human Resources sections as per the Integration Agreement requirements.
- Maintains close communication with IFRC HR department to ensure proper adherence to the Movement’s guidelines and policies that staff must comply with and/or are entitled to.
- Supports the recruitment processes as per American Red Cross staffing needs and plans.
- Tracks and reports on any recruitments and staff onboarding/offboarding processes
- Ensures American Red Cross NHQ policies and procedures are applied and adhered to by the delegation staff.
Report writing and follow up support:
- The *Administration and Logistics Officer*is the Office’s Security focal point for LAC Delegation.
- Supports the Regional Director and HQ focal point in dissemination of core requirements, guidelines, and tools throughout the region.
- Monitors and reports all the security incidents to Regional Director and NHQ Security Unit
- Ensures the Security briefing documents are shared before any travel and inform IFRC Security unit any deployment or issue related to security.
- Briefs or organizes briefings with the IFRC Security Unit in LAC for all visitors on the security situation in Panama.
- Supports IFRC as needed in security management
- Communicates promptly as needed with staff on field related security issues
- Remains abreast of the security situation in all LAC priority countries and reports any incidents to ISD Security Unit at NHQ
- Assess and monitor risks in Panama for the staff and assets on a regular basis and support incident management, when/if delegated by the Regional Director.
Regional LAC Delegation Support
- Translates high-level documents, such as proposals, MoUs, Agreements, etc. being the focal point for translators.
- Supports ARC team in report writing and analysis tasks as required
- Supports finance unit for inventory, invoices, utilities tracking for delegate houses, staff payment, arrange expense report and support documents for delegates if needed
- Assists in proper control of supporting documents for payments for the LAC delegation in Panama
- Ensures payment requests are prepared and submitted for processing and tracked. Verify and check all the vendor invoices against the requests and goods/services procured.
- As a member of the proposal development team, provides any programmatic support to the elaboration and revision of proposals.
- Supports regional programs in coordination between NHQ and LAC Delegation.
- Supports Disaster Response Unit and the Response Lead.
Logistical and Procurement Support
- Support Travel Authorities for delegates and Travel Orders for ARC local staff
- Support accommodation for visitor and staff upon request
- Support other logistical arrangements for visitors and staff
- Ensures procedures are in place in line with the NHQ Minimum Requirements, to properly manage the office inventory and assets, delivery and return of equipment, handover/disposals
- Ensures equipment/assets is functioning and accessible as needed. Coordinates the management of regional office access keys
- Coordinates and support any IT related requests and management of the software/platforms on behalf of the American Red Cross.
- Establish and ensure effective working relationships with the other Regional Office staff.
- Ensure effective working relationships with other technical and service units.
- Ensure effective working relationships with NS where applicable
Other Non-Operational Specific Support
Engage in all other operational and general activities, as directed by your immediate supervisor, including providing general administration and assistant support on a day-to-day basis as needed.
- Bachelor in Relevant Field (Administration, Finance or other relevant area)
- Master’s degree in Relevant Field, preferred
- 3 years’ Experience conducting Administration and Finance duties
- Experience managing communication tools and communication procedures
- Experience in completing multiple tasks and tracking activity progress
- Experience working with IFRC and/or other Red Cross Movement entity
- Experience of working for a humanitarian aid organization
- Experience developing proposal
- Experience working in emergencies situations
Knowledge, Skills and Language
- Fluent in computer literacy (Windows, Excel and Word processing, Internet)
- Skills in computer use (Windows, word-processing, spreadsheets, Microsoft outlook, email, Internet, office equipments)
- Driver’s license. Experience driving synchronized and automatic vehicles.
- Fluent in written and spoken English (IETLS level 6.5 or above)
Competencies and Values
VALUES: Respect for diversity; Integrity; Professionalism; Accountability
CORE COMPETENCIES: Communication; Collaboration and Teamwork; Judgement and Decision Making; National Societies and Customer Relations; Creativity and Innovation; Building Trust
FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES: Building Alliances; Leadership; Empowering Others