- May 16, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Job Title: Operations Coordinator Consultant
Reports To: Programs Director
Type: Virtual, Part-Time
The Fund for Peace (FFP) seeks a dynamic, motivated, and collaborative individual to join its Washington, D.C. based team Part-Time (for a total of 24 hours per week) to provide operational and administrative support to a range of projects and activities. This position is ideal for anyone seeking part-time, telecommute consultancy work. The ideal candidate will be flexible on a weekday working schedule, which is open to mutual agreement.
The general hours of business are between Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm Eastern Time. The specifics of the part-time schedule shall be determined by mutual agreement, but the successful applicant will be expected to maintain a consistent, predictable schedule as much as possible and reasonable.
Specific Job Duties from early-June to mid-September
40% Organizational Administrative support:
- Oversee daily company administrative processes and procedures.
- Ensure company policies (i.e. procurement, operation, finance, etc.) align with and advance business objectives.
- Maintain business processes such as email system.
- Support routine human resources functions such as liaising with health care plan administrator.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
60% Project Administrative support:
- Compile, review and track financial expenses related to projects.
- Track project budget expenditure, including accounts payable and receivable.
- Coordinate with local partners and vendors on invoicing, receipt documentation, budget tracking and payment.
- Organize M&E files to ensure organized documentation filing and tracking, including coordination with local partners as needed.
- Communicate and coordinate with management teams for execution of organization’s processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Prior experience with, and understanding of, operations and financial reporting requirements of various funders, particularly the United States Government.
- Demonstrated experience and interest in project support/operations.
- Familiarity with financial management principles in project management.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Interpersonal skills to engage with clients, partners, and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate virtually with team members deployed across multiple locations and time zones.
- A demonstrated knowledge and understanding of FFP’s work.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Familiarity and interest in international relations, conflict resolution and/or peacebuilding a plus.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is strongly preferred.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, and other operational software
- Prior experience and progressive responsibility working in operations, procurement and financial management
- Ability and willingness to work business hours in Washington, D.C. is required, as this is FFP’s headquarters.
- U.S. citizenship, permanent residency, or the ability to obtain work authorization in the U.S. is required. Costs associated with obtaining work authorization are the sole responsibility of the applicant.
Position reports directly to the Programs Director(s).
This position is based on an estimated 24-hours per week schedule.
N.b: the FFP is also advertising for a Francophone Programmatic Coordinator consultant role, for 8 hours a week; the job description can also be found on Reliefweb. Any candidate who meets the work authorization criteria and who wishes to apply for both the Operational and Programmatic roles should make sure to highlight both operational and programmatic experience and suitability in their cover letter and resumé, and use the subject line “Operations & Programmatic Coordinator Consultancy” in their email subject line.
How to apply
Candidates are asked to send a resumé with relevant experience, a cover letter, and the names of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org Please use “Operations Coordinator Consultancy” in the email title when submitting your application package. If you are applying for the combined Operations and Programmatic roles, please use “Operations & Programmatic Coordinator Consultancy” as your email subject line.
Deadline for applications is Wednesday, May 24th, 2023 @ 11:59pm ET. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.