- December 6, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Results for Development (R4D) is a leading non-profit global development partner. We collaborate with change agents around the world — government officials, civil society leaders and social innovators — to create strong systems that support healthy, educated people. We help our partners move from knowing their goal to knowing how to reach it. We combine global expertise in health, education and nutrition with analytic rigor, practical support for decision-making and implementation and access to peer problem-solving networks. Together with our partners, we build self-sustaining systems that serve everyone and deliver lasting results. Then we share what we learn so others can achieve results for development, too.
We have a unique and vibrant culture at R4D. Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the heart of our work environment and help advance our mission. Diversity—of ideas, identities, perspectives and backgrounds—is vital to who we are and what we do. We seek people who embrace these values and will help reinforce them. Our work culture is collaborative, creative and entrepreneurial. We operate based on trust and respect. Teams across the organization frequently collaborate on programmatic work and support each other in continuously building a better R4D.
R4D is a growing organization with an expanding global footprint and reach. We are seeking an Operations Officer to support three key areas of R4D Program Operations – (1) Travel Management, (2) Country Operations and (3) Safety and Security.
The Operations Officer will monitor the organization’s travel, and safety protocols, and support R4D in managing our non-US country office presence. The Operations Officer will collaborate with R4D’s Crisis Management Team (CMLT), and other members of the R4D country leadership teams. The Operations Officer will work with team members based in a variety of global time zones, including, but not limited to, the East Coast of the United States and multiple countries in Africa, and occasionally Asia. This position allows for a hybrid office/remote work environment and can be based in the US or any other of R4D’s registered offices such as the UK, Ethiopia, Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, and Tanzania.
Please note this opportunity is only for individuals who have current and indefinite work authorization in one of the countries listed above and do not require future work sponsorship.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage relationship with R4D travel agents and visa vendor including ensuring appropriate knowledge sharing, managing unused ticket credits, and troubleshooting as necessary.
- Advise R4D staff on rules and regulations for travel and act as the key point of contact for staff on travel-related questions and issues.
- Support teams with Travel Policy compliance and maintenance.
- Monitor travel database for emergencies and coordinate closely with the CMLT and HR in response to incidents.
- Monitor the travel authorization system.
- Analyze and prepare reports on travel spending.
- Monitor overall efficacy of organizational travel system, elevate challenges to R4D management teams and support problem solving.
- Collaborate across shared support teams to develop, improve, and advance systems and paperwork to streamline the travel process.
- Support Global Program Operations team (in collaboration with Shared Services teams) to create consistency across country operations through development of policies, procedures and protocols that fit local context and conform to R4D global guidelines.
- Serve as focal point for country operations and coordinate relevant organizational stakeholders to address challenges.
- Support country teams to develop and manage vendor relationships for each office (i.e., direct billing hotels, driving services, local travel agents, etc.).
- Support country start up and close out activities including facilitating registration with local lawyers, team members and the US office.
Safety and Security
- Coordinate emergency preparedness planning.
- Support R4D’s CMLT (Crisis Management Leadership Team) to ensure the safety and security of all R4D personnel and assets.
- Collaborate with HR on staff safety and security training needs. Provide information on evolving project needs, team dynamics, and project mission to support management to develop strategies to continuously improve and refine security management systems for effectiveness and efficiency.
- Review and update the Security Management Plan (SMP) for each office on a quarterly basis, and more frequently if changing security situation warrants.
- Ensure offices have adequate life safety measures and conform to the SMP.
- Serve as a member of the CMLT.
- Deliver training for all staff to ensure uptake of safety and travel policies and SOPs.
- Provide orientation and pre-deployment briefings directly or indirectly to all staff traveling into assigned area.
- Ensure staff receive personal risk mitigation advice specifically tailored to the individual, their personal background, their region of travel and their anticipated task. (Human Resources will lead on medical related travel matters with ISOS and directly with staff for privacy compliance – this role will liaise with HR as needed.)
- Support project teams to ensure project plans are aligned with SMP and SOPs as required.
- Ensure standard safety considerations are included in business development proposals.
- Keep abreast of conditions in R4D’s operating locations and update management of safety and security concerns affecting staff and travelers.
- Monitor and manage administration of contracts with safety and security vendors.
- Participates fully as a member of R4D by contributing, assisting and participating in projects, activities, and initiatives as requested by management
- 5 years’ global operations experience in international development with increasing levels of responsibility preferred.
- Undergraduate degree in business and/or public administration, management, or a related field or master’s degree preferred.
- Previous experience working with USAID, FCDO, UN agencies, and Gates Foundation grants and contracts strongly preferred.
- Experience delivering training programs.
- Experience supporting organizational improvement initiatives and interacting with multiple and varied stakeholders to gain consensus.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, required.
- Willingness to travel internationally and domestically, as needed.
- Enthusiastic about joining a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Motivated to learn, grow, contribute, and produce high quality results.
How to apply
Please click here to apply.