- August 9, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
At RECOFTC, we believe in a future where people live equitably and sustainably in and beside healthy, resilient forests. We take a long-term, landscape-based and inclusive approach to supporting local communities to secure their land and resource rights, stop deforestation, find alternative livelihoods and foster gender equity. We are the only nonprofit organization of our kind in Asia and the Pacific. We have more than 36 years of experience working with people and forests, and have built trusting relationships with partners at all levels. Our influence and partnerships extend from multilateral institutions to governments, private sector and local communities. Our innovations, knowledge and initiatives enable countries to foster good forest governance, mitigate and adapt to climate change, and achieve the Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations 2030 Agenda.
Working to advance its mission and fundraising efforts, RECOFTC invites applications for the position of Partnerships and Fundraising Officer. The successful candidate will be based at the RECOFTC main office in Bangkok, Thailand. The contract duration is for 24 months with a possibility of extension subject to funding availability and satisfactory performance.
Specific tasks and duties
The position’s long-term objective is to help RECOFTC build a sustainable corpus of RECOFTC funds, while the short-term objective is to support RECOFTC’s strategic partnerships and fundraising efforts.
The Partnership and Fundraising Officer is a member of the Executive Office working across the institution, closely with the Executive Director and relevant RECOFTC staff from other units and country offices. Under the direction and guidance of the Business Development Manager, the Partnerships and Fundraising Officer’s main tasks and duties include:
- In close consultation with the Executive Director and RECOFTC unit directors, support the development and implementation of a partnership and business development strategy, and identify and diversify funding sources for the new Strategic Phase (2023-2028)
- Research funding prospects, design and develop engagement strategies, and support the drafting of pitches and proposals in partnership with technical experts; monitor the success ratio of submitted proposals
- Support fundraising and donor stewardship and cultivation
- Promote an organization-wide culture of fundraising and partnership development by providing guidance and training as needed
- Organize meetings and prepare presentations for external audiences; prepare reports for donors or potential donors and partners
- Serve as the liaison for all private sector inquiries to the organization
- Maintain open communication channels and strategic relationships, especially with key regional partners, including bilateral/multilateral partners and companies
- Serve as the focal point for the internal private sector working group, fielding inquiries, tracking outreach and liaising with staff on due diligence processes and follow up with companies, including preparing pitches and concept notes
- Initiate, support, and manage fundraising and stewardship events with support from the Executive Director and the Knowledge Management and Strategic Communication Director
- Develop and maintain a partner database (through a CRM)
- Assist the Executive Office with documentation of Board of Trustees meetings
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Business Development Manager and/or the Executive Director
Qualifications and Experience
The Partnership and Fundraising Officer will have the following essential qualifications and experience:
- Master’s degree in business administration, economics, finance, communications, marketing, natural resource management or related fields
- A minimum of five years of work experience in fundraising, business development, or partnership management or an equivalent number of years working in the natural resource management sector
- Knowledge of current funding trends, particularly for climate finance, green investment, blended finance and the private sector
- Excellent presentation and communication skills for diverse audiences
- Experience in building and maintaining long-term relationships with partnership constituents
- Ability to design, implement and manage partnership systems
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics as a CRM
- Ability to work with and communicate with a wide range of people—the public, government, donors and others
- Experience developing or designing climate finance or nature-based solution projects
- Familiarity with or direct experience in designing green business models or sustainable finance initiatives in the forestry and land-use sector
- Experience working in cross-cultural environments
- Work experience in Southeast Asia
- Knowledge of an Asian language
- Knowledge of forestry or natural resources management
- Knowledge of family foundations or the social impact investment sector
RECOFTC’s core values
At RECOFTC, our core values are the foundation of our culture and guide all our work. In addition to job specific skills and experience, the applicant should possess the following characteristics, attitudes and skills:
- Embrace innovation
- Adapt to, and learn from, challenges
- Collaborate with partners and stakeholders
- Nurture commitment, responsibility and ownership
- Prioritize sustainability
- Cultivate participation, social inclusion and gender equity
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit a CV and a cover letter indicating why they are suitable for this position along with salary requirements and current contact details of three referees, including recent supervisors by clicking ‘Apply Now’ here or submit any inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org, please quote the position title in the subject line of the email. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. RECOFTC has a competitive compensation package. Offers are based on salary history, relevant experience and qualifications of the selected candidate.
To learn more about RECOFTC, please visit our website www.recoftc.org
Applicants shall not be discriminated against based on ethnicity, religion, age, nationality, physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, medical condition, or any other classification protected by RECOFTC’s values and code of conduct. Reasonable accommodation may be made so that qualified disabled applicants can partake in the application process. Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Please inform RECOFTC’s Human Resources in writing of any special needs at the time of application.
RECOFTC is an equal opportunity employer and the successful candidate will be selected based on merit.
RECOFTC retains the right to offer this position at a job grade relevant to the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate.