- January 11, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
The PMER Officer is a part of the IFRC Philippine Delegation and reports to the Program Coordinator (PC). The PMER Officer is an important part of the delegation and is responsible to provide oversight and technical leadership of planning, performance-based management, monitoring, reporting, and institutional learning. This position often advises the Senior Management Team on issues and concerns in relation to programmatic and reporting compliance that may need immediate attention. Moreover, this position will work on a clear PMER development plan of PRC and support the PC in taking it forward with other movement partners. Under the supervision of the PC, the PMER Officer is responsible for the following:
a) Supporting the operations team in developing and coordinating DREF, Emergency Appeal, EPOA, and timely situations report, informal bulletins etc.
b) Liaising with PRC PMER department to ensure alignment of PRC and IFRC PMER tools and procedure and work on development and execution of a PMER development plan
c) Monitoring, assisting, and supporting transparent, timely, and accurate reports according to policy, procedure, and donor requirements for all in-country emergency operations and long-term development programs.
d) Ensuring quality data collection, collation, analysis, and dissemination on program and operations
e) Collaborating with the finance team to ensure the quality and timeliness of the financial reports for all programs and operations.
f) Designing monitoring systems for all programs and onboarding programs and National Society Staff to implement and report on results.
g) Designing and, in conjunction with appropriate staff, implementing evaluations, then analyzing and disseminating results to support learning and adaptation of administrative and programmatic systems for performance improvement.
h) Supporting the PC in designing and implementing the planning systems and drafting of plans.
i) Working closely with the programs, operations, and support services teams to ensure timeliness and quality of different organizational reports in different intervals (e.g., Monthly Management Highlights, Half Yearly Operational Report, Annual Operational Report, etc.)
j) Coordinate with the PMER counterparts in IFRC Asia Pacific Regional Office and as necessary with Geneva PMER departments to ensure quality and compliance.
In undertaking these duties, the PMER Officer will follow all appropriate IFRC standard policy and procedures.
Support continuous learning and performance management
- Design and monitor performance-based management systems and provide regular analysis and update to the senior management of the IFRC PHL CD, regularly.
- Provide technical leadership to design and maintain a performance management system.
- Produce and disseminate performance-based management dashboards to support learning and to inform decision-making.
- Ensure dissemination of analysis that comes from surveys, assessments, and evaluations.
- Responsible for planning and implementation of evaluation activities, both for emergency and long-term programs, based on IFRC standards.
- Coordinate with APRO PMER, PRC DMS-MEAL, and PRC PMER to support evaluations for IFRC-supported response operations, including contribution to the evaluation databank.
- Support technical staff in conducting end-line assessments for long-term programs
- Contribute to the development of any evaluation terms of reference as required.
- Participate as a member of the evaluation management team and lead the team as required.
- Ready to be a part of evaluation teams for internal review and quality assurance as required.
- Support the process of repository development and knowledge management at the IFRC Philippines country delegation.
- Support the IFRC Philippines delegation in creating a virtual archive of important tools, reports, documents, etc. and keep the archive updated.
Lead the planning process
- Lead in coordinating the IFRC annual planning process, including reviews, revisions, feedback loops, and outputs that reflect membership interest, particularly but not exclusively PRC.
- In close collaboration with the programs and operations teams, support drafting and elaboration of funding proposals (DREF, EA, EPOA etc.) as well as concept papers to be submitted to institutional donor agencies.
- Undertake quality control of all plans ensuring that the relevant standards and formats are adhered to.
Monitoring and reporting of progress in accordance with common indicators and quality standards
- Design, support, and lead assessments as deemed appropriate and in consultation with the PC.
- Design and support PRC design monitoring plans to track the progress of emergency and long-term programs.
- Support technical staff members at IFRC and PRC in conducting mid-line assessments for long-term programs.
- Contribute to the review, implementation, and development of M&E guidelines and tools where needed.
- Coordinate tracking of annual plans and the results matrix; provide input and advice to improve coherence and quality.
- Ensure and support the development of project/program logical frameworks.
- Responsible for improving the efficiency of monitoring and evaluation activities through innovations such as, but not limited to, Mobile Data Collection technology.
- Ensure database (such as monthly snapshot, operations tracker, and operation dashboard) for plans and reports are submitted in time and updated regularly.
- Monitor and support timely delivery of standard IFRC reports for all emergency operations and long-term development programs – including fact sheets, information bulletins, appeals, DREF operations, operations updates, and pledge-based, quarterly, and final reports.
- Facilitate and assemble Federation-wide reports as needed.
- Ensure quality control and final editing of all appeal- and pledge-based documents and reports, ensuring sound monitoring and evaluation practices.
- Ensure onboarding of project managers for monitoring and evaluation plans.
PMER development and coordination
- Deploy as PMER surge for response operation when required.
- Liaise with counterparts from national societies, ICRC, and external agencies within the context of tasks and responsibilities set in this job description.
- Ensure effective working relationships with IFRC colleagues, National Society counterparts, and leadership, across levels and as agreed between the PMER Officer and the PC.
- Represent the country office in meetings with external agencies, partners, and other organizations in relation to PMER and in consultation with the PC.
- Coordinate membership capacity building and provide technical support for PMER functions for capacity building, particularly around planning, data management, and visualization and reporting.
- Develop and lead training sessions/workshops for IFRC and National Society staff and volunteers as needed on PMER, data quality, research, and documentation.
Duties applicable to all staff:
- Actively work towards the achievement of the Secretariat’s goals and objectives.
- Be prepared to take up responsibilities as jointly agreed with the Program Coordinator, especially in an emergency operation environment
- Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager.
Minimum of 5 years experience in the field of Monitoring and Evaluation, Project planning and or, reporting and documentation.
Experience working within the humanitarian or development sector.
Experience designing monitoring systems, managing a database and producing dashboards to support
Experience writing, editing, and analysing complex reports
How to apply
All interested applicants must submit their CV to email@example.com with their intent letter