- January 26, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Background Information – Job-specific
This is a position in UNOPS for supporting project(s) under the UN Technology Support Services (UNTSS) portfolio. The Portfolio Associate is responsible for providing effective and efficient support in the areas of administration, project management, travel, and procurement to UNTSS’s clients and projects. Overall, the incumbent will be expected to ensure that the project operations function in line with UNOPS rules and regulations, and its projects are delivered in accordance with their scope, quality requirements, timelines and budgets. The incumbent will report to the UNTSS Project Manager.
The incumbent of this position will be a UNOPS personnel and is under its full responsibility.
The Portfolio Associate will undertake the following responsibilities:
- Ensure that implemented activities are aligned with approved project agreements in terms of technical scope, engagement of resources, budget expenditure and agreed timeframe;
- Input and update of accurate data and information to facilitate effective delivery of the operations;
- Provide inputs to the Project’s work, financial, recruitment and procurement plans as required;
- Contribute to development of Project’s reports and analysis related to project activities;
- Establish and maintain project documents/files for easy retrieval of archive related to Project’s activities;
- Contribute to identification, capturing, and assessment of risks/issues and implement mitigation measures in accordance with the Risk Management Strategy;
- Contribute to identification, capturing, and sharing of the Project’s lessons learned and best practices;
- Draft reports as envisaged by the Project Document/legal agreement, while in particular considering progress against the Key Performance Indicators;
- Contribute to efficient and effective use of Project and UNOPS tools for monitoring of the Project’s performance, outputs and benefits;
- Assist with administration and regular monitoring of all budgetary, financial, procurement and routine aspects of project delivery;
- Support the reporting on UNOPS matters of health, safety, social and environmental management (HSSE) for all TSS project locations.
- Prepare and handle submission process of budget creation and revision in required formats and in compliance with UNOPS requirements for internal approval, monitoring of funds availability; run budget reports including transactions details and exceptions; Monitor expenditures, verification for accuracy of expenditure requests (COPs, invoices, TECs), completeness of documentation submitted;
- Monitoring of payments and follow up when problems arise; Review of Request for Payments and supporting documentation for completeness, accuracy, compliance with UNOPS FRRs and correctness of account code charges;
- Help to review financial information with the concerned team, identify bottlenecks and corrective actions;
- Analysis of financial reports, investigation and preparation of adjustments as required;
- Create, import, review, correct and process journal entries in General Ledger. Review and run inquiries included in journal, ledgers, or accounting entries;
- Petty cash management including preparation, submission for approval, regular monitoring/reconciliation, and closure;
- Operational Advance management including preparation, submission for approval and closure;
- Provide support with event logistics/coordination related to conferences, workshops and retreats. This will include collecting information for the planning phase and execution of related tasks for all events;
- Help analyze administration, travel, procurement and policies, assess the impact of changes and help management with their implementation. Continuous research of the matters related to service provision and partner requirements;
- Support timely preparation and submission of periodic inventory reports; coordination of physical verification of inventory items;
- Support in the management of project assets, making sure they are properly recorded in oneUNOPS as well as disposed in accordance with UNOPS procedures upon project closure;
- Provide guidance on administrative, financial and logistical activities of the projects;
- Assist in communication with colleagues on areas requiring verification, correction, additional information to improve quality of output and /or account submission and increase knowledge base in the process;
- Help ensure that requests from projects to engage with grantees and implementing partners are initiated and processed in a timely and high-quality manner;
- Act as the focal point for drafting and facilitating conduct of calls for proposals, grant awards and relevant contracts, facilitating creation of the respective arrangements between UNOPS and its partners, and management of respective contracts to ensure delivery as per project agreements;
- Support administration of calls for proposals in line with UNOPS policies and procedures, collection of proposals, review of proposals through a selection committee, preparation and finalization of evaluation reports, as relevant and required;
- Help projects liaise with implementing partners to monitor performance of grants, highlight issues and risks involving grantees, and ensure timely delivery;
- Facilitate creation of grant agreements, and disbursements of funds, in a timely manner, and in accordance with project requirements;
- Manage day to day administration of the grant management activities, track reports, process grantee registrations, and payments, as required;
- Carry out activities related to procurement for various thresholds;
- With guidance from the support services team and the Project Manager, contribute to development of documentation needed for procurements, travel, and engagement of consultants
- Identify potential service providers for standard supplies, maintenance, furniture etc. and maintain good relationships with existing ones;
- Support when required in travel activities and related processes including booking travel tickets,
Travel Authorizations, Visas, Travel Expense Claims etc;
- Draft procurement awards, contracts, grant support agreements;
- Maintain contracts and grants tracking plan to review contractor invoices and supporting documentation and ensure that services provided and claims are in conformity with the terms of the contract;
- Register supplier details in the system and approval follow-ups;
- Enter Certificate of Payments for retainers/lump sum contractors and validate monthly payrolls
- Liaise and resolve with relevant parties any payroll related issues.
- Support creation and maintenance of HR contract tracker
- Perform backstopping role during the absence of Project Manager, under the overall supervision of a UNTSS Project Manager and/or UNTSS Senior Portfolio Manager;
- Perform other duties as may be reasonably required and in line with the incumbent’s scope of services above.
Monitoring and Progress Controls
The effective and successful achievement of results by the Portfolio Associate directly affects the overall efficiency of the individual team’s provision of support services, impacting the office’s capacity to efficiently and effectively service the operational needs of the portfolio. Timely and accountable delivery of services, ensures client satisfaction and promotes the image and credibility of the team and office as an effective service provider in project services and management. This enhances UNOPS’ competitive position as a partner of choice in sustainable development and project services in the country/region served.
The Portfolio Associate is required to complete a performance evaluation review with the supervisor and also have periodic feedback meetings with the supervisor.
*FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
*CANDIDATES WITH NO UNITED NATIONS OR UNOPS EXPERIENCE ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Completion of secondary education (High School diploma) with a minimum of six (6) years of relevant experience is required; or
- First level university degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience is desirable; or
- Advanced university degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) is desirable.
b. Work Experience
- Relevant experience is considered experience in one or more of the following areas: operations, project management, programme management, administration.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and Word or G-sheets and G-Docs is required.
- Fluency in English (read, write, speak) is required.
How to apply
For detailed job description and to apply – https://jobs.unops.org/pages/viewvacancy/VADetails.aspx?