- January 3, 2024
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization created in 1971 that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF is one of the largest independent medical humanitarian organizations in the world, with projects located in 65 countries worldwide. Its work is based on the humanitarian principles of medical ethics; the goal of MSF is to provide emergency care and to offer assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. The French section is present in around thirty countries.
In the context of a replacement, we are looking for a Private Fundraising Director M/F.
Private fundraising plays an essential role in the development of MSF’s humanitarian action. As a vehicle for solidarity, it is carried out by all MSF Movement offices (a total of 42) and links more than 7 million donors to the millions of people MSF assists. As an almost exclusive source of funding, it enables our operations to respond to identified needs and ensures independence of action.
The Private Fundraising Director’s mission is to define and pilot the global strategy for MSF in France. He/she defines the methods of implementation, the necessary resources, and the objectives to be achieved in accordance with the principles and policies instituted and with respect for the people who support and are supported by MSF.
The department is composed of around 45 collaborators, including a Deputy Director, and a pool of 5 volunteers, for an overall budget of over €20M and associated annual resources of around €90M.
As a member of the Management Team, he/she reports to the General Director.
- He/she represents MSF France on international platforms specialized in fundraising,
- He/she contributes to the elaboration of strategic frameworks, policies and international collaboration modes,
- He/she organizes the participation of his/her teams in thematic exchange groups.
MSF France and Fondation MSF :
- He/she defines the Association’s and Foundation’s strategy and policy for developing private resources and donor relations,
- He/she specifies the multi-year perspectives, annual action plans and related budgets in accordance with the objectives defined with the General Direction, the Direction of the MSF Foundation and the Direction of the Dubai office,
- He/she is responsible for implementing action plans, innovation proposals and their evaluation. He/she is responsible for the production of activity analysis tools and budget monitoring,
- Working closely with the Communications Department, he/she ensures that fundraising initiatives are coherent with communications actions for donors and the public at large in France,
- He/she is responsible for ensuring that the principles, policies and identity of the MSF brand are respected across all media and channels, throughout the donor’s path,
- He/she represents and defends the interests of MSF in France and association bodies dedicated to fundraising, and with the media,
- He/she ensures compliance with regulatory frameworks,
- He/she is responsible for monitoring the sector and regulations, and for national and international benchmarking.
Team management and collaboration:
- He/she is responsible, with the Communication Department, for establishing coherent frameworks for collaboration on communication media shared by both departments,
- He/she leads the fundraising teams in a spirit of cross-functionality that promotes understanding of MSF’s operational challenges,
- He/she ensures the proper management of the department and the development of its teams, taking care to maintain a high-quality working environment,
- He/she participates in cross-functional projects initiated by General Direction.
Education: 5 years’ higher education, ideally with additional training in fundraising.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience, including minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar position in a non-profit organization financed to a significant extent by private generosity.
- Significant experience in developing relationships with key accounts (Corporate, Philanthropy and legacies).
- Several years’ experience in team management.
Skills and aptitudes:
- Mastery of fundraising strategies, concepts and techniques (marketing, e-marketing, events, CRM), relational communication and branding issues.
- Mastery of project management and/or change management.
- Listening skills and diplomacy.
- Strategic analysis and negotiation skills.
Languages: Professional French and English (C1)
Status: Open-ended contract. Executive position. Full time. Position based in Paris. Travel in France and abroad to be expected.
78.1€ gross per year based on 13 months.
22 days RTT per year. Health insurance covered 100% by Médecins Sans Frontières. Restaurant vouchers of 11€ (covered 60% by Médecins Sans Frontières). Reimbursement of 50% of the public transport ticket.
Expected starting date: 01/03/2024.
How to apply
Our wish is to promote inclusion and diversity. We also wish to improve the representation of people with disabilities in our workforce.
Please submit your application (CV and cover letter) online at: https://www.msf.fr/en/get-involved/work-with-us/all-employment-opportunities/private-fundraising-director-mf
Deadline for application is 17/01/2024.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.