- July 31, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Woman Support Association is a humanitarian, developmental, and nongovernmental organization that was established in 2013 and officially registered in Turkey in 2015.
All projects implemented by the Association in Syria and Turkey aim to build a better life for women and empower them so that they can face problems and challenges in a way that maintains their dignity and respect.
Under the direct supervision of Senior Program Officer, the MEAL Officer is responsible for managing and implementing the project monitoring and evaluation activities in accordance with the plan and specific timeline. S/he is also responsible for supervising the field MEAL Assistants in a way that ensures achieving the goals and results that the project aims for.Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Prepare and implement the project monitoring tools and procedures in line with established standards and activities.
2. Collect all data and information related to the project activities in accordance with the tools.
3. Build the capabilities of the field MEAL Assistants on the used tools and provide appropriate guidance on how to use them.
4. Monitor all project activities, outputs and progress made towards achieving project
5. Ensure that the data collected about the various project activities is clean & consistent; assist with analysis in order to prepare appropriate reports.
6. Support the accountability process for all activities, ensure effective sharing of information with all beneficiaries, and ensure that complaints are received and transferred to the responsible employee in order to identify lessons learned.
7. Provide recommendations regarding feedback mechanisms, complaints and information sharing.
8. Carry out other tasks related to the project, upon supervisor’s request.
9. Provide training and support to all staff members on matters related to monitoring and evaluation.
10. Assist in the assessment needs of the areas required for any project.
11. Lead the project evaluation process before and after implementation
12. Submit reports on regular basis including lessons learned & challenges faced. 13. Collect statistics of each region and update it regularly
14. Complete all documents and forms required for the M&E department
15. Lead the interviews with families and focus groups with a sample of beneficiaries 16. Ensure that assessment and monitoring tools are appropriate, up to date, and appropriate for the working environment.
17. Coordinate with the Project manger to ensure accurate and efficient implementation.
18. Ensure that any complaint or feedback on the project is communicated to the supervisor.
19. Follow-up mechanisms to prevent sexual exploitation and abuse by humanitarian workers. (PSEA).
20. Follow up on community-based complaints mechanisms (CBCM).
21. Follow up on the monthly protection monitoring (PM) process.
Competencies, Skills & Experience:
At least one-year experience in evaluating and monitoring the implementation of humanitarian programs.
At least two-years’ experience in non-government organizations.
Proven experience in leading a team
Proficiency in MS Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
Minimum intermediate level of Excel knowledge and hands on experience on data analysis and visualization of data on Excel (filtering data, using pivot tables, creating graphs etc.)
Good understanding of and engagement with the humanitarian context and the key principles of accountability, impartiality, neutrality, independence and cooperation; Ability to operate as part of a team in a multi-cultural, value-driven work environment, and to perform tasks in sensitivity to the local culture;
Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills and detail orientation with adaptable communication skills
Excellent at data collection and interviewing experience using KOBO and other tools Ability to work under pressure and punctuality.
Good organizational skills, time management skills, and setting work priorities Ability to negotiate, learn and self-develop.
Good experience in using computers, especially Microsoft Office programs
The ability to communicate effectively with different team members
Ability to work overtime when needed
Ability to make new and useful ideas work
Very good at English.
Bachelor Degree in in Business Administration or any related field
General terms and conditions:
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that WSA shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within WSA
Alongside our safeguarding policy, WSA is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies.
WSA adheres to all laws and standards to reduce cases of sexual exploitation and harassment, and obliges all their employees and suppliers to undergo the necessary training on the policies adopted by PSEAH network.
How to apply
Interested candıdates can apply by following the link below: