ABA ROLI is seeking a Program Director to be based in Hanoi, Vietnam, to oversee the Disrupting Money Laundering Through Gambling Program’s (DMLG) Vietnam-based activities. DMLG is a regional program focused on strengthening Anti-Money Laundering (AML) regulation and controls in the casino sector in South East Asia. Program activities in Vietnam include the conduct of a casino sector AML compliance assessment; the drafting of casino and online gaming guidelines for the Government of Vietnam’s AML and casino regulators; development of inspections tools for the casino regulator and piloting of inspection tools through outreach sessions to casinos; and the development of suspicious transactions reporting tools.
The ideal candidate will possess understanding of the AML legislative and regulatory framework in Vietnam, and money laundering risks in the casino and online gaming sector; and experience managing the implementation of international development programs, particularly U.S. Government-funded programs.
The initial program duration is 2 years, with potential for extension.
- Provides overall strategic leadership to the implementation of program activities in Vietnam including oversight of the workplan, program staffing, and budgetary resources. Ensures that all programmatic requirements are being met/exceeded according to the ABA, ROLI, and donor requirements;
- Develops and maintain effective working relationship with government partners including the State Bank and Ministry of Finance, and government and non-government stakeholders;
- Maintains accountability for timely, accurate, and compliant program monitoring and evaluation deliverables which include identifying and sharing best practices derived from lessons learned;
- Maintains proactive communications with ABA ROLI leadership to ensure timely and accurate updates on program activities, achievements, and challenges. Creates and implements corrective plans to improve performance against appropriate standards in areas where program shortcomings are identified;
- Collaborates with ABA ROLI headquarters and local authorities to ensure that all programs and operations are compliant with local laws and regulations and, if required, have received all regulatory approval prior to implementation;
- Ensures compliance with all donor, ABA, US, and Vietnamese laws/regulations while managing the program(s); ensures personal and program compliance with applicable anti-corruption laws;
- Provides leadership, coaching, counseling, feedback, performance appraisal, and, where appropriate, applies corrective actions to an assigned team (if applicable);
- Performs other related duties as required
- At least 8 years of relevant professional experience in the area of governance, anti-corruption, anti-money laundering, financial crimes, law reform, or regulatory strengthening.
- Experience working on international development or grant-funded programs, or in international organizations, non-government organizations, or government entities.
- University degree in law, finance/commerce, anthropology, or social sciences.
- Demonstrated success in building and maintaining close productive working relationships with government and non-government stakeholders.
- Experience supervising teams.
- Fluency in Vietnamese and English.
- Ability to travel within Vietnam.
- Understanding of Vietnam’s AML legal and regulatory framework and or/money laundering in the casino sector.
- Experience in the management and implementation of foreign assistance programs, particularly U.S. Government-funded grants and cooperative agreements.
- Experience working with budget and tracking program spending.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- IT skills, particularly Microsoft Office software.
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org