- January 14, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
- An exceptional opportunity to join Oxfam in Timor Leste’s diverse team
- Two-year fixed contract with possibility of extension
- Dili, Timor Leste based
Oxfam has been supporting development and humanitarian work in Timor-Leste for more than 20 years. Oxfam’s vision is a Timor-Leste that is just, sustainable and inclusive Oxfam currently implements a multi-sectorial program by working in partnership with civil society and community development organizations and constructive engagement with government. Under the 2021-2025 Oxfam Country Strategy, OiTL’s country programs are embedded in Oxfam global and Asia strategy frameworks focusing on three pillars: Economic Justice, Climate Justice and Gender Justice. A feminist approach to working and leadership, Inclusion and Influencing are cross cutting themes and approaches that go across all of Oxfam’s work in Timor-Leste.
The Program Director will support the Country Director by providing strategic and high-quality leadership to the Oxfam Timor-Leste country program and supporting the teams in developing and implementing quality programming and strategic influencing. The role will ensure that program management systems and processes support and promote partnership and high-quality program delivery. The Program Director will support an integrated program and approach across the Country Strategy, supporting senior leads and managers in the Economic Justice and Climate Justice, and Gender Justice across all programs. The role will provide day-to-day management and support to a diverse team with responsibilities in Programs, and Partnership Support, Finance and will ensure effective planning, coordination, monitoring, evaluation, learning and reporting takes place. The Program Director will ensure the delivery of donor contractual obligations and will work closely with the Country Director and Business Development and Program Quality Lead on funding strategy, proposal development and as well financial management.
A little about you (the key selection criteria)
To be successful in this role you will have;
- Extensive relevant experience working with INGOs/NGOs in Timor-Leste or a similar context
- Demonstrated experience as a program leadership and management, developing and leading integrated and complex development program portfolios
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team and set own workplan, meet deadlines and balance competing priorities.
- Significant experience working with partners and in strengthening programmatic and organisational capacities of civil society organisations.
- Competitive salary and medical allowance, monthly phone and data allowance
- Generous annual leave, sick leave, and compassionate & cultural leave entitlements
- Study and learning funding and support for career pathways
- Flexible work hours, substantial paternity, maternity and careers leave and family-friendly work arrangements
How to apply
Applicants shall submit application letters outlining experience related to the role (no longer than 2 pages) and CV (no longer than 4 pages). No certificates, copies of qualifications or testimonials are required at this stage of applications, and these will not be included in consideration of candidate suitability. Applicant shall send the application and CV to Benigna Martins by e-mailing email@example.com.
For detailed job description, please go to https://jobs.oxfam.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/PD-Program-Director-Dec-2021-FINAL_.pdf and for enquiries relating to this position, please contact Benigna Martins via firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us. Oxfam is a child safe organization and successful applicants will be required to sign the Oxfam International Employee Code of Conduct and submit a Criminal register certificate or “Bom Comportamento” from the Ministry of Justice.
Oxfam is an equal opportunity employer. Woman and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.