- February 2, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
The ABA Rule of Law Initiative seeks a Program Manager who will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating activities on the USG-funded Social Media Activity and Rights in Trial (SMART) program. The Program Manager will manage activities in Kazakhstan and will coordinate closely with the ABA ROLI teams in Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan to support two main program objectives: 1. Create systems for equitable and fair social media use in criminal cases in Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, and Kyrgyzstan, and 2. Regional activists engage governments and media outlets and push for stronger legal protections of online activities. The Program Manager will report directly to the Chief of Party.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
· Oversee activity implementation in Kazakhstan and coordinate with ABA ROLI’s partners;
· Maintain professional relationships with international and donor organizations in the country to avoid duplicating activities and ensure effective cooperation;
· Participate in the development of protocols around the use of social media and facilitate working groups on the finalization of the protocols;
· Support local networks in organizing advocacy activities to promote needed amendments or changes;
· Participate in issuing small grants to CSO members of the Regional Network to monitor the enforcement of the developed protocols and coordination with members of the task forces to suggest recommended improvements;
· Participate in the development of training materials;
· Organize and conduct trainings and assessments;
· Responsible for data collection, evaluation, and learning throughout the program;
· Organize and participate in program-related meetings and events as a representative of ABA ROLI;
· Coordinate with partners and organize virtual and in-person activities, (meetings, round tables, conferences); and Develop agendas, list of participants, presentations, etc.;
· Work with international and local experts during the development of any program related activity;
· Responsible for logistics of all program related activities including: hotels and tickets reservation for events/meetings, ordering printing materials, and engaging experts;
· Develop programmatic reports such as quarterly and annual reports;
· Develop workplans and budgets;
· Conducting program outreach and communication;
· Other duties identified by the Chief of Party or Deputy Chief of Party.
Skill and Educational Requirements:
· At least 5 years of experience with international development programs related to the rule of law, the justice, or human rights sector or social media in Kazakhstan;
· At least 5 years of experience working with USAID or U.S. Government funded programs; understanding of the USAID or U.S. Government compliance requirements;
· At least three years of proven experience as a Program Manager or other managerial position;
· Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods;
· Excellent knowledge of performance evaluation and change management principles;
· Excellent knowledge of MS Office; working knowledge of program/project management software (Basecamp, MS Project etc.) is a strong advantage;
· Outstanding leadership and organizational skills;
· Excellent communication skills;
· Excellent problem-solving ability;
· BSc/BA diploma in management or a relevant field; MSc/MA is a plus.
How to apply
If you are interested in this job opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
The deadline for submission is Wednesday, February 16, 2022 at 5:00pm EST.