- March 28, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
The Program Manager will take the lead in developing proposals for submission to institutional donors. she/he will be expected to play a leading role in researching, developing, and planning fundraising projects and proposals in the different sectors on MEHHRO thematic areas, meeting specific donor requirements and expectations.
The Program Manager is responsible for project proposal development, supervision of the program, execution, monitoring, mid-term and terminal evaluation. The main following activities:
- Ensures Proper development of new project proposals and mobilization of funding.
- Representative of design and development of new projects/Program in line with donor priorities and mission’s strategy,
- Thorough analysis and research of the country’s political and social environment
- Analysis and research of information on funding windows and any other potential sources, preparation of substantive briefs on possible opportunities for project finance;
- Manage activities and communications with all relevant stakeholders to strengthen relationships, including the preparation of reports for donors and the government counterparts as required.
- Control and manage the effective management and implementation of projects
- Effective application of Result Based Management (RBM) tools in project management; establishment of management targets and monitoring achievement of results;
- Introduction of performance indicators/ success criteria, targets, and milestones;
- Preparation and contribution to the regular reports on outputs and outcomes as required.
- Supervisor the program teams (project officers, project specialist, gender and advocacy officer)
- Directly submit project and program reports to governments and donors
- Participate in ad-hoc and regular cluster lead meetings, Forums, and presentations.
- Provide capacity Training for the staff and also for the target community.
- Travel and conduct field-based program monitoring and provide timely feedback for the team.
- Frequent travel to the field to ensure the project launching at province level and vision with the local government bodies.
- Design document agreement with specific sectors at federal, province, and district levels.
- Work with the national-level leadership team on strategic issues and Lisioning with higher officials of Government authorities.
Qualifications and Experience:
The Project Development/program Manager should have a good understanding of Afghanistan, a human rights-based approach, and conflict resolution. she/he will also have a background of demonstrated success in designing proposals for international, institutional donors.
Preferably an advanced university degree (masters or equivalent) in Economics, emergency program, rural development, Education, Health and Planning, and monitoring.
· Experience in project development and project management, budget management, research, report writing, liaison with governments and international donors.
· Experience with project planning, scheduling and deployment of resources, and evaluation and assessment;
· Strong program design skills, including the capacity to prepare logical, coherent, and consistent documents including log frames and budgets.
· Ability to work efficiently and effectively with project members in various locations, including remotely writing and revising proposal documents.
· Ability to integrate different experiences, methodologies, and approaches from a diverse range of stakeholders, organizations, and technical experts from multiple sectors.
· ·Excellent English speaking/writing skills required
Terms of appointment:
The position is offered for an initial period of 1 year. 1100 USD per month living allowance, coverage of all accommodation, and travel costs (1 return ticket for the contract period).
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CV in a one PDF document to email@example.com by referring to the job title “(program Manager)” as the subject line of the email, latest on Tuesday, 30 April 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information about MEHHRO and its programs, visit www.mehhro.org
WhatsApp number +93705002600