- January 9, 2024
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
“Women Now for Development” WND is a feminist, women-led, and rights-based organization with eleven years of experience. WND specializes in programs for women and adolescent girls in Syria. Working in four integrated program areas Protection, Empowerment, Participation, Advocacy and Research programs.
Tasks and Duties:
Project Manager, Under the direct supervision of Country Manager, and technical supervision of Programs Manager. is responsible for managing the implementation of project complying with WND and Donor’s regulations and Guidelines.
- Managing Project:
- Responsible for overseeing the management of the project implementation throughout the project cycle and ensuring that project’s activities are implemented in line with work plans and targets, or adjusted in response to changes in the context or needs.
- Contributes to enhancing the gender-sensitivity and feminist approaches of the project.
- Ensures adherence to WND’s standards and other guidance on Protection, GBV Services, Child-friendly spaces,child safeguarding PSEA, community-lead social action, etc., ensures the understanding and application of them by the project’s team.
- Responsible for managing relationships with donors in all project’s stages.
- Ensuring compliance with finance and non-finance related contractual obligations.
- Manage and supervise project staff in cooperation with the Human Resources Department, participate in recruitment and selection processes
- Continuous communication with the project field team to ensure the progress of work in accordance with the policies and procedures approved by the organization and compatible with the donor’s requirements
- Managing and following up on the project’s planned budget in cooperation with the financial team, and ensuring that accurate financial reports and payment requests are sent in a timely manner.
- Managing the work of the centers’ management team to provide the necessary support for activities implementation.
- Ensuring the quality of support provided to participants and adhering to best practices during the provision of services to women and girls.
- Intervene to solve problems, overcome potential obstacles, and inform the Country Manager when necessary.
- Coordination and Management:
- Manage the relationship with the donor, attend meetings, and ensure that all reports related to the project are submitted on time
- Cooperating and with the organization’s protection team to ensure that the project’s planned services are delivered with the best quality
- Providing the necessary support to the MEAL Department to follow up the project’s activities implementation.
- Communication and coordination continuously with the Safety and Security team to ensure the protection and safeguarding of the team and participants in addition to ensuring that the required reports are provided on time.
- Leading relationships with participants and with Stakeholders within the scope of project activities.
- Cooperating with the WND’s Programs team within the organization and providing the necessary information to support new proposals writing according to the context
- Excellent understanding of the Syrian context in general, and specifically Syrian civil society
- 3+ years’ experience working in either Rights-based NGOs, or Humanitarian NGOs.
- 2+ years of experience in managerial level
- Education in women’s studies, social work, social sciences, other relevant fields (desirable)
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of gender-transformative justice, intersectionality, human rights, and broader structural determinants compounding violence against women and girls
- Experience in working on programs/projects specifically for women and/or adolescent girls
- Applicants should also demonstrate a keen interest in Women Now values and strong motivation in putting them into practice.
- Strong experience in project management, the ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure,work under pressure, and maintain attention to details.
- Knowledge and experience in developing Arabic language political participation, human rights, and gender training curricula relevant to women in the Syrian context.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to command respect and to create a sense of community amongst the members of the projects teams
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Good report writing skills and attention to details.
- A self-starter with an efficient and hard-working approach.
- Good Skills in Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and Excel, as well as video communication platforms.
- Speaking Arabic fluently and have good English skills.
- Living in Gaziantep – Turkey (Turkish Citizenship holders is preferred).
How to apply
WND gives priority to women applicants in all of its recruitment processes.
If you are interested in the position, please fill the application by the following link https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdfVn5l5J6NXZ9QoCBQx6315xG7N0JjTPWAIPjmL_vLAKEmaw/viewform?usp=pp_url
(due to the urgent need for a position, applicants will be contacted before closing the call if suitable candidates are available).