- January 20, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Project Manager Multisector
Duty station: San Cristobal (Táchira) with travel to field locations in the states of Merida and Apure
Starting date: 01/03/2022
Contract duration: 6 months
Reporting to: Programme Coordinator Colombia and Venezuela
Supervision of: One (1) Project Medical Referent, one (1) Protection Officer, one (1) Activity Coordinator, one (1) Wash Officer, Two (2) M&E /IMS Officer
Dependents: Non-family duty station
General context of the project
INTERSOS is a non-profit humanitarian aid organization that works to bring assistance to people in distress, victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts.
INTERSOS has been registered in Venezuela as a Local Civil Society Organization since November 2019. INTERSOS Venezuela’s program has focused on providing assistance to the most vulnerable population, in particular in the Primary Health Care and Protection. INTERSOS Venezuela has started its operations in Venezuela within an ECHO-funded consortium, supporting the implementation of protection and health activities in Venezuela and Colombia. In Venezuela, stand-alone activities started with a Hospital Protection and Nutrition project in six state hospitals and 18 outpatient clinics in the State of Táchira, with the support of UNICEF and Stichting & Vluchteling (SV).
The project manager will work in close coordination with the Colombia-Venezuela Program Coordinator as well as with the local partner organization, with relevant support from headquarters and the region and technical advice from INTERSOS technical referents.
General purpose of the position
The Project Manager oversees the implementation and the supervision of the project entitled: “Emergency multi-sector response for the crisis affected population in Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela”.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Ensures the planning, implementation and monitoring/evaluation and sets targets as included in the project description.
- With the support of the Programme Coordinator, ensure coordination among the consortium partners.
- Guarantee efficient financial management for the project in compliance with INTERSOS’ model and donor regulations.
- To ensure Team management and project integration across the four (4) sectors.
- Deliver quality project activities reporting, including the findings in terms of impact/changes at the level of beneficiaries achieved through the project.
- Ensure the full and timely implementation of the project proposal as approved, proactively
- Respecting deadlines for reporting, internally to INTERSOS and Externally to donor
- Team recruitment liaise with the Admin/RRHH department and technical Coordinators to secure up to date HR files
- to ensure, project kick-off and presentation/sharing of project with teams, With the support of the Programme Coordinator
- Review and prepare a detailed activity plan with team
- In charge of Verification on the targeting of beneficiaries
- Ensure sector SOPs and guidelines are properly applied and adhered to
- In coordination with the Programme Coordinator, ensure security assessment for teams’ daily movement and report incidents/concerns in a pro-active manner
Financial management and procurement:
- Prepare, monitor, and implement financial and procurement plan. In coordination with the local partners the plan should also include the implementation of the partner activities.
- Prepare a weekly liquidity plan for INTERSOS related project expenditure.
- Approval of all purchases/contracting and budget line allocations
- Verify on a weekly basis the bookkeeping entries in the INTERSOS accounting spread sheets (PN): verify budget line allocations, budget expenditure status against actual delivery and the financial plan for the remainder project implementation period
- Ensure for all purchases/contracting of goods/services/supplies the correct INTERSOS and donors procurement guidelines are applied and properly documented (also for the procedures applied by the municipalities), in close coordination with the admin-fin and logistics department
- Verify the list of expenditures prior to finalizing the interim and final financial reports
- Holds final responsibility for verification of all support documents’ completeness and correctness
Staff management and capacity building:
- Manages and evaluates the performance of the project staff
- Conduct weekly and monthly meetings with the consortium team to review the planning and discuss the main concerns to focus on for the upcoming period
- Ensure use of correct/relevant forms for assessments and reporting by the consortium team
- Ensure fluent chain of information/data transfer to all the consortium team
- Continuous/fast verification of data quality collected and received from field staff
- Undertake field visits to provide technical guidance and supervision to the team and to monitor the progress and quality of the different project activities.
- Oversee team attendances and authorize holidays, liaise with HR department to secure up to date HR files
- Ensure teams respect INTERSOS rules and guidelines to the mission and adhere to INTERSOS code of conduct and charter of values
Monitoring & evaluation:
- Ensure monitoring and verification for the targeting of beneficiaries.
- Applying a result-oriented approach, monitor the project outcomes, in addition to the outputs and activities, including changes at the household and community level achieved through the project.
- Ensure quality reporting on achievements through daily short briefings, monthly and weekly planning presented against weekly and monthly performance reports containing clear quantitative and qualitative information related to the activities.
- Secure monthly reporting per team and compile, review and analyses reports on monthly bases to be reflected in INTERSOS’ PAT reporting tool. Reports should also include the implementing partner results.
- Prepare ad hoc progress reporting for the donor and official required interim and final project reports.
- In charge of the revision of the interim and final reports (narrative) prepared by the implementing partner.
- Prepare interim and final narrative reports for the donor in a timely and qualitative manner, looking into achievements against outcomes and output and reflect lessons learnt clearly into recommendations for future programming.
- Holds final responsibility for all support documents (means of verification) and general project documents
- Delivers regular communication products (including pictures) on the project to be used by the INTERSOS communication department in different outlets
Coordination and representation:
- Attend the relevant cluster meetings, both at local and national level, and ensure timely reporting of highlights to Programme Coordinator.
- Under the supervision of Programme Coordinator, ensure regular updates to donor representatives.
- Support INTERSOS with the implementation of the Country Strategy, in particular for the development of specific and detailed sector strategies.
- Ensure systematic information and update sharing with the Programme Coordinator
- Coordinate with other INTERSOS projects/sectors in Venezuela, and or other humanitarian partners, for effective and efficient referral of cases
Perform any other related duties as required by Programme Coordinator.
Required profile and experience
Advanced university degree in humanitarian related field (internationalrelation, social studies, IHL, IHRL)
Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience at similar position (proposal writing) in humanitarian context
- Strong and proven understanding of the humanitarian operating context, the humanitarian system and its flexibility, donors and their high demanding, security and financial management in humanitarian context
- Strong knowledge of institutional donor’s procedures
- Very strong skills in computer (excel) and admin/finance procedures
- Highly able to keep confidentiality
- Able to work independently
- Organization skills, delegative and empowerment approach of the supervised team
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS
- Previous proven experience in proposal writing from secondary data will be considered an advantage
English and Spanish are mandatory.
- Proactivity and strong problem-solving approach
- Flexibility to adapt to a dynamic context and to the volume of work
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work and adapt in different environments
- High reactivity to unexpected demands
- Capacity to work under stress and meets the deadlines
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below: https://www.intersos.org/posizioni-aperte/missioni/#intersosorg-vacancies/vacancy-details/61b7d1f27eaf2c00201ccaf8/
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, citizenship and Skype address), sign-up and apply attaching your CV and motivation letter in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS. In case you encounter severe difficulties applying through the platform, you can send an email attaching your CV and motivation letter (both in PDF version) via email to email@example.com, with subject line: “Platform issue – SR-57-2262-Position”.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.