- October 27, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
· To be responsible for managing MHPSS sessions and assessment for MHPSS attendeesMHPSS activities, conducting appropriate referrals to a psychiatrist if needed and protection services.
· To provide psychological interventions based on the beneficiary’s needs and presenting complaints.
· Draft, evaluate and organize MHPSS activities targeting earthquake affected population.
· Provide supervision for PSS officers, and PSS workers.
· Develop and supervise the implementation of MHPSS activities.
· Adhere to internationally recognized best practices for evidence based psychological interventions and the management of children with mental health concerns. This includes ensuring the confidentiality of beneficiaries and respecting their privacy.
· Establish a safe space to conduct private and confidential sessions acceptable to those on the site and safely accessible by beneficiaries.
· Assess the beneficiary’s needs and presenting complaints and develop a care plan with the beneficiary based on those needs, including referrals to other services
· Conduct counseling sessions for care providers and families of beneficiaries.
· Conduct follow-up sessions as needed and decide with the parents when to close the case.
· Provide age-appropriate culturally relevant individual and/or group psychological counselling for beneficiaries.
· Identify concerns related to and support adherence to referral protocols and guiding principles for PSS and bring these concerns to the direct manager or the Project Manager.
· Maintain an effective working relationship and regular communication with other PSS care providers.
· Complete daily/weekly MHPSS reports and data collection according to guidance provided by the PSS Technical Advisor and Project Coordinator.Adviser or project coordinator
· Collaborate with the rest of the team to exchange information and ensure that Sened projects are responding to the evolving needs of beneficiaries.
· Refer beneficiaries to other health professionals whenever necessary
· Provide psycho-education sessions to the family members of clients when needed
· Manage and supervise the PSS officers and workers and follow-up PSS project activities.
· Assign daily tasks to the case workers.
· Meet with case workers to discuss the challenges they face and different solutions and ways to overcome them.
· Meet with case workers periodically and assign daily tasks to them.
Note: the above mentioned key responsibilities/accountabilities are illustrative ones. Other future responsibilities /accountability may be assigned to the job depending on the department organizational chart.
**Required Qualifications (Education/Languages/Work Experience)**Identify training and Essential:
· Bachelor’s degree in psychology or psychological counsellingAt least bachelor’s degree in psychology or psychological counselling
· Intermediate skills in the English, Turkish/Arabic language.
· Minimum of 2 years of proven experience in a similar position.
· Verified experience in humanitarian work and principles.
· Verified experience in conducting assessments and creating intervention plans.
· Post graduate degree in mental health
· Post gradiute in mental health
A. Technical Competencies (TC):
· Advanced knowledge in PSS projects management.
· Advanced knowledge in psychological therapy.
· Basic knowledge in report writing.
· Advanced skills in problem solving.
· Basic knowledge in Excel & Word
B. Core Competencies (CC):
· Planning and organizing
· Stakeholder Orientation.
· Commitment to Continuous Learning
· Technological awareness
How to apply
How to apply:
For applying you can follow this link: https://forms.gle/oethuCNwu4SppC3D9
Due to the urgency to fill this role, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Kindly note that the position will be filled before the vacancy announcement is closed; therefore, early applications are encouraged.