- October 4, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 34,000+ staff members in nearly 100 countries are united in helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Through our work, every 60 seconds… a family gets water… a hungry child is fed… a family receives the tools to overcome poverty.
Here’s where you come in:
As the Regional Director – People & Culture, East Africa Region, you will provide strategic leadership to World Vision East Africa Region (EAR) in the area of People & Culture, and Organizational Development by maximizing the potential of World Vision’s (WV) human resources and optimizing organizational performance, sustaining the culture and ensuring alignment to fulfil WV’s strategy.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Operations, and matrix reporting to the Chief People Officer, you will provide leadership in developing leadership capacity, furthering executive development of National Directors (NDs) and senior staff. You also will build strong relationships with Global Center client groups and engage with external networks to collaborate and further build WV’s brand.
- Graduate qualification and/or Professional qualification in Human Resource Management, Social Science/Studies, or Organizational Development.
- Broad experience in implementing world-class services in international/global organizations and ideally, in a network setting to diverse, dispersed and dynamic teams.
- A strong track record of strategic human resource management and substantial experience of leading international/regional Human Resources teams and transformational change in business and HR.
- Strong resource, financial, planning, project and process management skills, gained in a complex environment.
- Excellent communication, diplomacy, negotiation, influencing and conflict mediation skills and the ability to apply these across a range of diverse audiences.
- A committed and passionate Christian who will be able to provide spiritual leadership.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Travel up to 30% per month when required (regional and international).
- Must be legally authorised to work in Kenya.
How to apply
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date of 25 OCT, 2021. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.