- March 28, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
A. Grants Administration
• Provide support to the management and monitoring of the portfolio of projects assigned and ensure that the commitments of the Legal documents with the donors & partners are accomplished in the dates established.
• Conduct review of donor contracts against the Alliance’s policies and procedures and facilitate the process of contract clearance and signature.
• Facilitate the negotiation of contracts with donors for their subsequent execution taking into account the policies and procedures established by the organization.
• Set up new grants in the systems and communicate grant opening to internal stakeholders so they are duly informed of compliance requirements and passport information of the grant.
• Maintain an overview of reporting requirements (deadlines, templates, etc.) and communicate it regularly to relevant internal stakeholders.
• Work closely with the resource mobilization unit, finance, legal, researchers and other areas of the organization to ensure that contracts are executed on time.
• Liaise with donors on all grant-related issues, including submission of donor reports and requests for project modifications.
• Support scientists in the overall management and monitoring of grants, sharing information about compliance requirements and reviewing adherence to them.
B. Sub-grants administration
• Coordinate capacity assessment and due diligence review of prospective partners.
• Ensure Partners’ awareness of reporting requirements, research ethics and contractual compliance.
• Support the review of Sub-grant agreements connected to the assigned project portfolio to ensure compliance with prime donor’s requirements.
• Track and collect cleared reports to be filed in the appropriate digital repositories.
• Provide ongoing support to internal stakeholders and partners throughout the Sub-grant lifecycle on administrative and compliance issues including contract modifications.
Required qualification and experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in International Development, International Relations, Economics, Business Administration or another relevant field.
• Experience in the administration and monitoring of grants (review and negotiation of grant contracts, donor reporting, monitoring of grant implementation, development or implementation of grant-related procedures, grants management training and facilitation).
• Experience of project management, including understanding of project budgeting, budget management and financial issues.
• Proficiency in relevant software programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Excellent organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines while still maintaining attention to detail and accuracy, and problem solve effectively.
• Proven track record of building collaborative relationships across and within internal teams, and with external stakeholders.
• Demonstrated to ability to work effectively as part of a team with people in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment, including with external stakeholders; excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written including the ability to organize and write clear and concise reports.
• Knowledge of the CGIAR and/or international development agencies.
• Experience of implementing and/or using information management systems (grants databases, ERP systems, etc.).
• Experience and capacity to build long-term relationships with stakeholders.
Skills and competence
• Previous experience working for international development and/or research organizations, NGOs or UN agencies is highly desirable.
• Communication skill in French would be considered a plus.
Terms of employment
This is a full-time position and available for Indian nationals based in New Delhi, India. The successful candidate should be available to commence as soon as possible for an initial of two (2) years fixed term contract, with the possibility of contract renewal depending on performance and funding situation.
How to apply
Applicants are invited to apply online through the ICRISAT Careers website (ICRISAT Careers) by clicking on the “Apply” button, completing the online application and attaching a cover letter illustrating the suitability for the above position against the qualifications, competencies, skills together with a detailed curriculum vitae, including names and addresses of three referees knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience.