- August 1, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Position Title: Senior Human Resources Manager
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Director of Operations
Duty Station: Remote
No. of position: 1
Vacancy #: AF-Int-13-2023
Position Announcement close date: The position is open till it is filled. CVs will be reviewed as they are received.
The American University of Afghanistan is Afghanistan’s only nationally accredited, private, not-for- profit, non-partisan, and coeducational institution of higher education. It opened its doors in 2006 with an initial enrollment of 50 students, and since that time has grown to enroll more than 1,700 full- and part-time students across undergraduate, graduate, and professional training programs. Despite a changing political and security climate in Afghanistan, AUAF has successfully lived up to its mission to provide equal access to high-quality higher education across gender, ethnicity, and socio-economic background.
Nearly half of our undergraduate students are female, and generous support from the U.S. government and other funding partners as allowed us to support a secure, inclusive, residential campus environment in Kabul. Our professional community comprises a diverse, talented Afghan and international faculty and staff who work together in support of our students and toward a sustainable, ambitious future for the provision of American-style education in Afghanistan.
The AUAF’s Human Resources department is seeking a qualified candidate for a full-time position as Senior Human Resources Manager.
Key outcomes include (optional):
- Manage routine queries from various departments.
- Fulfill the designated goals set by the Director of Operations.
The Senior Human Resources Manager handles and provides support to the various HR functions and programs within the organization. The Senior HR Manager is responsible for the recruitment, hiring, contract management, payroll, mobile communications, HR reports and data analysis, staff data management, and employee onboarding among other responsibilities.
- Create job postings and hiring communications, source, screen and conduct interviews with candidates to assess qualification and discuss expectations for each vacant position, manage and share incoming applications with respective department heads.
- Assist with recruitment efforts, conduct background checks, document validation and reference checks.
- Ensure adherence to AUAF recruitment and equal employment opportunity rules and practices.
- Prepare a variety of reports and related documents for the purpose of providing documentation and information to the donors, auditors, and other parties as and when required.
- Perform record keeping and clerical functions (e.g. scheduling, copying, faxing, data inputting, transmitting, telephoning, taking messages, responding to written and verbal inquiries, etc.) for the purpose of supporting the needs of the department.
- Monitor a variety of processes (e.g. applications, eligibility, certifications, education etc.) for the purpose of ensuring efficient processing of applicants and employees in addressing position requirements and adhering to the policies and procedures.
- Interpret transcripts, references, employment records, education codes and employment regulations for the purpose of ensuring compliance with required rules and regulations.
- Maintain manual and electronic documents, files, and records (e.g. personnel records, employee lists, leave record, etc.) for the purpose of providing accurate information in compliance with established guidelines.
- Oversee and keep track of leave records for all employees.
- Review and update Human Resources Policy regularly within the defined timeframe.
- Set objectives for the HR team and track progress.
- Review and draft departmental budgets for the fiscal year.
- Ensure HR staff addresses employees’ requests and grievances in a timely manner
- Handle disciplinary proceedings, terminations, and investigations involving employees
- Establish and implement orientation and training programs to help with recruitment efforts and to get employees equipped for their duties
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The following requirement will ensure that the candidate has the knowledge, skills, and abilities for the job.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business management or related field
- Hands-on experience with Human Resources Management Software (including WebHR)
- Solid understanding of labor legislation
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience with different international organizations
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both oral and written
- Customer orientated attitude and must have a great knowledge of dealing with employees
- Adept at MS Office package and some previous knowledge/experience of HRM software and/or applications
- Ability to handle the demands of various personality types
- High level of integrity and reliability and a great team player
- Skills related to interpersonal communications: listening, speaking and writing
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Critical thinking skills and decisiveness
- Strong computer skills
- Sound judgement
- Highly attentive to details
- Knowledge of labor and employment laws, organizational development and best practices.
How to apply
Please send a single PDF document to apply for this position, including a cover letter, curriculum vitae (CV), and contact information for three references, to email@example.com Please include AF-Int-13-2023- Senior Human Resources Manager in the subject line of the e-mail that you are sending your application.
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed. Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The successful applicant is expected to provide official proof of academic degrees if hired.
AUAF does not charge recruitment fees to applicants. AUAF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels.
AUAF follows a strict non-discriminatory policy in its selection and employment practices. All applicants will receive equal consideration and applicants from all ethnic, religious and economic backgrounds are encouraged to apply.